New to Celebrity

Bandas

Just exicted about booking our first Celebrity cruise!

We'll be on Infinity to Alaska, May 8, 2006. Yeah! We took HAL to Alaska about 3 years ago. But, 2 weeks before we were to set sail, I broke my foot! Dr. gave approval for me to travel, but I had to be very careful and had to cancel most of the excursions. Not only am I looking forward to going back to Alaska, I'm also looking forward to going on a different ship. I think we'll have a great time.

We're also taking our first Crystal cruise next month (Oct. 15) to the Mexican Riviera.

I really enjoy reading the boards and getting lots of great information, thanks for sharing.

Happy Cruising

Bandas

Hi,

We were on the Infinity last May in Alaska and had a fantastic time! Food was great, ship was beautiful, people were lovely! Our favorite spot was up in the Constellation Lounge just watching the world go by. It's quiet and comfortable and so relaxing to sit there and look at Alaska.

If you can do it, the best shore excursion we took was the sea plane tour over Misty Fjords. It was amazing and worth every penny!

Have fun!

Lauren

Hi All,

Thanks for your kind replies.

Lauren, when I read your comment about being in the Constellation Lounge watching the world go by, I had a cruise moment! I know exactly what you mean, even though I've not been in the Constellation Lounge (yet), I've been on other ship's lounges and thoroughly enjoyed the quite and serenity of "watching the world go by". One of the excursions I had to cancel on my last Alaskan cruise was the helicopter tour. So, the sea plane or the helicopter tour is one that we'll definitely take this time.

Marilyn, this will be our first cruise out of San Franciso and that's one reason I'm looking forward to it as well as trying out a different cruise line. This will be our first 12 day cruise. We've only taken 7 days or less. Good to know that you had a great time and I know we will too.

Ships R Great, indeed they are! I just love cruising and the whole ship experience.

Just last month, I was looking at cruises on the web and stumbled over the Crystal cruise to Mexico. I didn't think there would be any cabins available when I called, but to my surprise there were a few. The cost of the cruise really wasn't that expensive, we've paid more for a 7 day cruise on other cruise lines.

We've taken 1 Carnival, 4 RCCL, 1 HAL, 1 NCL, and 1 Hawaii American. And, looking forward to our Crystal and Celebrity. The only cruise line that I can say was "an experience" was the Hawaii American, and I think they're no longer in business. We've had a great time on all our cruises.

Have a great weekend, :)

Bandas

Archived