Christmas Day

blufroggirl79

I'll be on the Escape for Christmas. Just wondering if the ship will have any type of religous services? We will be in Nassau (12-7) that day along with 5 other ships. Would love to attend a Catholic mass if at all possible. Any suggestion?

I'll be on the Escape for Christmas. Just wondering if the ship will have any type of religous services? We will be in Nassau (12-7) that day along with 5 other ships. Would love to attend a Catholic mass if at all possible. Any suggestion?

I wouldn't count on it as you and a great majority if the pax would want to attend this mass and someone needs to say it

It's doubtful a priest would be on board at that time of year as they are usually too busy I would think to be away on dec 25

Also any land based church would be catering to locals and your time in port doesn't seem to coincide with the typical mass schedules

My suggestion....just attend your local church masses as often as possible prior to the cruise and say a few prayers on Christmas Day and keep the true meaning in your heart

Fwiw.... We all chose to skip mass this past year because of the overcrowding on that day and all the sickness around and we felt attending mass frequently during the entire Christmas season was a good alternative to exposing ourselves on Christmas morning to stuffed church with all the coughing and sneezing

It may sound harsh and it wasn't an easy decision to make last year

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Fwiw there was a catholic mass and interdenominational service on the Gem for Christmas 2014. Personally we planned on having nothing available, and a friend/minister gave us some material to use for our own service. It worked well for us.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We usually cruise at Christmas and have been on several different lines over the years. All but two had both a Catholic Mass and an Interdenominational Pristestant Service, one other had a Carholic Mass and invited anyone to come, the final one had nothing. On the one with nothing, I accessed my IPad Bible and read my own Birth Story.

Also one year a person from our CruiseCritic Roll Call was a minister and asked early on if the members were interested in having him set something up for several services that week. He did, it was in the daily, and the services were well attended.

Mary Jane