Grandeur of the Seas Nov,&Dec.2016

I was wondering why there are no cruises listed for the Grandeur for Nov or Dec 2016. We usually try to sail after Thanksgiving and again New Years eve on the Grandeur because we can drive to the port but I don't see anything listed. Any idea why? I usually like to plan early. Thanks for your help.

I was on the Grandeur last week, and went into to future cruises to "possibly" book for December 2016 and they all swear in there, that they have no idea why its taking so long. They say they know nothing.

I ended up purchasing a future cruise credit. I am also actively looking at other cruise lines, as I think the prices are going to be much higher.. just my own feeling..My own guess is longer cruises to different ports? so higher $$$

I wish they too would post them! I like to plan early too.

I was wondering why there are no cruises listed for the Grandeur for Nov or Dec 2016. We usually try to sail after Thanksgiving and again New Years eve on the Grandeur because we can drive to the port but I don't see anything listed. Any idea why? I usually like to plan early. Thanks for your help.

Thur. April 23

I was on the Grandeur last week, and went into to future cruises to "possibly" book for December 2016 and they all swear in there, that they have no idea why its taking so long. They say they know nothing.

I ended up purchasing a future cruise credit. I am also actively looking at other cruise lines, as I think the prices are going to be much higher.. just my own feeling..My own guess is longer cruises to different ports? so higher $$$

I wish they too would post them! I like to plan early too.

Hi Chris, we cruised the Grandeur in March and I'm still waiting for them to release the new schedule and wondering about the prices too. Seems like they aren't dropping prices like they used to. We were spoiled by the great prices for the Explorer.

Theresa

Hi Chris, we cruised the Grandeur in March and I'm still waiting for them to release the new schedule and wondering about the prices too. Seems like they aren't dropping prices like they used to. We were spoiled by the great prices for the Explorer.

Theresa

well, lets hope there are some decent deals... I was first going to be loyal to Royal .. but, am afraid that isn't going to happen. I am actively checking into other cruise lines now, and seeing some very good cruises listed.

Even my Celebrity cruise to Bermuda has almost doubled(from what I paid last May) the next time I go in May 2016.

I heard more than once on my cruise last week, (from the higher level cruisers, NOT from Royal itself)

that Royal Caribbean seems to be catering to the one time cruiser who splurges and spends $10,000 per cruise, rather than the loyal cruisers who are going to spend 10x that over the years... this is where I shrug my shoulders.. who am I to over think anything, lol. But, I would think some of those one time big spenders will never cruise again.. but us low people will... haha.. so I guess we win in the end being able to try different cruise lines/destinations/ships etc :D

Edited by mapleleafvoyage

I agree. I am one point shy of D plus but am getting very disillusioned with Royal and the games they play lately, the increased prices even when booking way out and the latest announcements by Bayley posted on CC News page.

In fact I actually did something I never thought I would do and booked 21 days on Carnival out of Baltimore for Jan 2016.

I agree. I am one point shy of D plus but am getting very disillusioned with Royal and the games they play lately, the increased prices even when booking way out and the latest announcements by Bayley posted on CC News page.

In fact I actually did something I never thought I would do and booked 21 days on Carnival out of Baltimore for Jan 2016.

I am a fairly new cruiser, with a fist full of vacation money and vacation days to use... I am also not retired, so I need to watch how/where/when I choose to cruise...

I was on Carnival website last night, and I must say, they have some very good cruise prices! I noticed the 8 night has only 3 stops (the ones I was looking at) but it was also less than the Royal 8 night cruises... they didn't seem to jack up the prices and give less there-- you got less stops for less money.. and for trying another line, its not a bad deal.. at all! and plus they have their schedules out already;)

I am a fairly new cruiser, with a fist full of vacation money and vacation days to use... I am also not retired, so I need to watch how/where/when I choose to cruise...

I was on Carnival website last night, and I must say, they have some very good cruise prices! I noticed the 8 night has only 3 stops (the ones I was looking at) but it was also less than the Royal 8 night cruises... they didn't seem to jack up the prices and give less there-- you got less stops for less money.. and for trying another line, its not a bad deal.. at all! and plus they have their schedules out already;)

Chris, some folks may not be happy to hear this, but we are doing a b2b leaving NY to San Juan and returning to NY on Carnival. This will be our first time trying Carnival. Most of our cruises have been with Royal and we have cruised Celebrity, Princess, and NCL. I like the perks we get with Royal, but sometimes the itinerary and price make you look elsewhere. The only thing about leaving from NY is parking is $40 per day, so we use a van service.

Theresa

Chris, some folks may not be happy to hear this, but we are doing a b2b leaving NY to San Juan and returning to NY on Carnival. This will be our first time trying Carnival. Most of our cruises have been with Royal and we have cruised Celebrity, Princess, and NCL. I like the perks we get with Royal, but sometimes the itinerary and price make you look elsewhere. The only thing about leaving from NY is parking is $40 per day, so we use a van service.

Theresa

Looks like we will be cruising together a bunch. DH and I are on the Dec. 9 Grandeur sailing and then I am doing b2b on Carnival but from Baltimore. Is there one out of NY or are we cruising together in Jan/Feb 2016.