Midnight Chocolate Buffet

Can anyone tell me about the buffet they have by the pool and what all is served at it? I don't know if the Seranade will have it but I read somewhere on the threads that the Navigator does.

The pool buffet was nice, but not quite as spectacular as the midnight buffet in the DR. There was ribs, beans and rice, salads, a nice selection of desserts....I wish I could remember more but frankly I was so stuffed from dinner I didn't eat much. There were some great fruit sculptures- a monkey, faces carved in watermelons, a pig made out of bread (many of us comented that this is what we must have looked like in the line- people just DEVOURED the buffet:D ).

My favourite part was the pina colada in a pineapple- a nice tropical touch....

Cheers,

YoureMoving - We did the 5 night to Key West and Grand Cayman so it may be different for you, if they have it at all. We departed on a Saturday and the Chocolate Buffet was, I believe, on Tuesday night. To be honest, I wouldn't have lost any sleep if I missed it. It was nice to see but that much chocolate at that late at night isn't always a good thing.

BMW- Thanks for the heads up, but I have to admit you made me chuckle! I think we might have different viewpoints about chocolate! In my opinion, there's never a bad time to eat your vegetables, and yes, chocolate IS a vegetable! Chocolate is made from cocoa BEANS that grow on trees. Surely that qualifies them as vegetables! Beans = veggies! :D Now, you might say that chocolate won't keep me in shape like the other veggies might, but I disagree - ROUND IS A SHAPE. ;)

Gina

Great Pics Maggie!

Does anyone know what they do with those beautiful chocolate statues? People just don't break off pieces and gobble them up? Do they? (I'm thinking Like a chocolate easter bunny LOL.....ears first.....) They look too nice to eat!

On the Enchantment this summer they said what the statues are made of (I don't think they are 100 % chocolate ) but that they last 3-4 months...

the buffet was open for about 30 minutes just for picture taking before it opened for noshing..

When I was on the Explorer last, they had the midnight chocolate buffet and a poolside buffet.

The chocolate buffet had ice sculptures (an ogopogo with multicoloured lights in it), lard (I believe) sculptures (fish, etc), a crazy detailed sculpture of a ship, a chocolate fondue fountain with speared strawberries and poundcake, cakes and sweets of all sizes and types. I looked but didn't participate in the group gourging, but I did hear afterwards that it was like world war two going after those strawberries.

The poolside buffet had seafood and other savoury items, along with desserts, and I remember having some sort of pineapple cake which wasn't half bad.

For some reason, when they put on these buffets it was always at a time when we were either already stuffed or just not hungry. Do they do this on purpose?!! ;)

Archived