Couple of CoCo Cay specific questions

Staying Focused

I've read that there is a lot of shade at CoCo Cay but i'm specifically interested in the barefeoot beach (and any other more secluded area) that the island has to offer. Are there hammocks there too or only in the more crowded areas? This is our first cruise and i want to be prepared. My plan is to be one of the first to the island and to claim my secluded and shaded piece of heaven for the day!

Also, if we are out snorkeling/swimming, should we be worried about leaving our belongings on our chairs? I would assume it would be ok but i don't want to come back and my stuff be moved or gone!

Should we bring bug spray? We live on the Gulf Coast and sometimes experience biting flies at the beach here.

Edited by Staying Focused

Can't help you with the names of the different beach areas....I've never paid attention! The hammocks were scattered about...and you sort of come across them!

We just leave our stuff on our chair...but we don't bring much....you don't need money or a credit card unless you want to buy something from the "straw market"...everything else goes on your sea pass. I use my sea pass as a bookmark!! No one wants your shirt or flip flops!

I've never brought or needed bug spray.

• 2 weeks later...

you really don't need to be the first off the ship to experience or find an ah-mazing secluded spot for the day with shade. what you will want to do is go off the tender and keep walking to the right until the crowd fans out to almost nothing....

we all know cruisers are laughably lazy so the further you keep walking the more secluded you will be .... there's so much of the island to share that you won't be overwhelmed in trying to find a quiet spot...just keep walking along...

1. i am not certain about the hammocks.

2. no bug spray needed

3. leave your things on the beach with no worries...if someone takes your things, they are a cruise passenger :(