A Question about Excursions ... and Payment

molymoo

Just selected our excursions for the Viking Homelands trip from Bergen to Stockholm in July and at "checkout" they wanted a credit card entered for "payment". Is this going to be an actual payment or does it simply "hold" the reservation and the actual "payment" will be made as part of our settling of our shipboard account at the end of the trip.

This will be important as we will be using the same card later today to make a payment for a December trip and don't want to go over the card limit and screw up that transaction (it will be a sizeable payment). Are there cancellation fees if we decide later that one of the excursions isn't going to work for us and we take it off of our itinerary? I will call Viking later to ask but thought I might get some clarification quicker as those of you already on the ship might be up already (it is 4:00 AM in Chicago!).

Thanks!

Okay ... my bad! just read the "Cancellation Policy" (imagine that!) and it appears it is an actual payment. Good to know ... might use another card for that one. Hope everyone has a great day!

It will be a payment in full. I just received my credit card bill and my excursions showed up there. I would talk to my credit card company and get your limit raised.

You will be surprised what exceeding your limit will do to your credit scores, even if your credit card company doesn't care.