Live jazz music on Enchantment?

jt24

I'll be sailing on Enchantment on a 4-night cruise in July. I've seen a couple cruise compasses for 3 or 4 nights over the last 12 months and haven't seen much listed in the way of live jazz music.

Has anyone experienced or seen this kind of option around the ship recently? Either in the centrum or other venues?? I'd love to look forward to sitting back and relaxing to some good jazz music at sea!

Not very likely, as the onboard bands are more geared to easy listening / dance.

I have, however, been on cruises where 4 or 5 members of the stage band have done a jazz set on one night. Wouldn't hurt to corner the band director and ask, and mention how much you'd like to hear this.

• 4 weeks later...

To add to what PSCruiser said, I remember a small ensemble playing in the Promenade a couple of times. I have also been to sessions of "live dance music" in the lounge a couple of times. However, those were on longer cruises.

I would second the notion that it is worth mentioning to the band leader and even the cruise director that some live jazz would be nice.