Fishing in Seward

beautiful.thing

We have changed our post tour land plans and are now staying 2 nights in Seward at the Holiday Inn. I need to plan a fishing outing now with my DS in that area June 19 or 20? Can you fish from shore and rent gear in Seward? Or any recommendations for a good half day fishing tour? I am sure he would be fine with an all day charter but since he is only 15 I am figuring mom or dad needs to go along and we are probably not as big on an all day trip.

Any input appreciated.

Almost across the street from the Holiday Inn is a large hardware store. (This is not your local Ace hardware. They have everything from bear bells to reindeer jerky) At the main desk they keep a record of fishing boats with availability for one or two more people. They can arrange a half or full day charter based on what kind of fish you are fishing for.

If you want a recommendation, my husband went out with Saltwater Lodge and liked them.

The water can get very rough, and you want to make sure before you go out that you will have your own rod and not have to take turns.

If you take your own rod, you could fish almost anywhere in town, but you would need to purchase a fishing license - also sold at the hardware store.

I just thought of something else. If you aren't already booked in Juneau, this might be a cheaper alternative to a boat fishing in Seward. We're going to give it try in July. Not exactly wilderness (You're right next to the hatchery) but still looks like fun.

http://www.chumfun.com/

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g31020-d4259452-Reviews-Chum_Fun_Charters-Juneau_Alaska.html

Edited by Suzanne123