Age at time of embarkment vs rest of cruise

Hi-

We are leaving on the BREEZE on 7/4/15 - my son turns 12 on 7/5/15, we arrive in Grand Turk on 7/6/15 and we would like to do the deep sea fishing which has a minimum age of 12 - which he will be on 7/6 - BUT when I try to book this excursion via the Carnival website it states passenger is not of age for excursion...

Does Carnival not update the age through the cruise dates, or will be considered "11" the entire cruise?

I also ask this because the next "kids club" is 12-14, and would like him to be able to go there too starting the next day (i.e his birthday 7/5/15) as we will be on the cruise until 7/12/15....

Anyone else experience this "age change" while on a cruise?

TIA

I can't answer for the excursion, but as far as Camp Carnival (or Camp Ocean) is concerned, he will be considered to be 11 years old for the entire cruise.

As for deep sea fishing on Grand Turk, if you can't get Carnival to address the issue you might consider finding a third party excursion as they likely won't care about his age.

Edited by gtalum

For the fishing you have two choices. Book independent or try to book onboard the day of his bd.

The camp thing, he will be considered 11 the whole cruise, but go to the first night meeting and they will move him up.

The camp thing, he will be considered 11 the whole cruise, but go to the first night meeting and they will move him up.

That's good to know that the crew onboard may be more flexible than official policy.

I have the same issue with going on the dolphin swim, my youngest grandson will turn 3 on the cruise, but is two on the day we sail and the dolphin swim requires you to be 3. we have four adults going with three kids ages 10, 5, and to be 3. He will likely just be with me in the water and not actually participate but I hate to miss seeing the other kids have the experience because the young 'un can't go.

Yup I agree about the club...We went in Oct but my son turned 12 in Jan. They agreed to let him move up to Club C as long as I was ok with it and there wasn't any issues with behavior or what not. I know for my son there was no way he would have had nearly the fun he had being with the younger kids. There is definitely a difference in actives between Camp Carnival and Circle C.

For the excursion, you might want to call Carnival and see if they are able to make an exception. If not, just try to do it onboard the day of his birthday, or even the first day of the cruise. A lot of times the people on board will be a little more flexible and try harder to accommodate you.

I've heard of exceptions being made in the kids club, so I would definitely check the first night when you are signing him up.

My daughter's birthday is the day we board the ship, October 5. She is already registered as 13 online.

I know a couple on our first cruise had 2 daughters and they did not want to be split up and they just talked to the club crew. They stayed together in the same club all cruise.

Our grandson was able to move up once we boarded the ship.

Computers look at the age when the cruise starts.

Once we were on the ship we talked to a person and showed the new age he was allowed into the next age group.

Thanks Everyone, I figured we would have to wait until on ship to do both the excursion and kids club.

I did send email to Carnival asking as well and awaiting their response - will post once I receive

Thanks Again!