Docks for Alaska cruise

Dinda

We will be traveling on Ruby Princess in July, and I have some questions about where we will be docking in the different towns. In Juneau we dock at FKL, in Ketchikan at dock 4, and at Skagway at ORE. We will have two people who are limited with walking long distances, so I am wondering at these docks will there be a long walk to town or will there be shuttles available. In Skagway we are meeting up with Chilkoot Tours first and then going to be dropped off in town after the trip. Hoping for a shuttle to get us back to the ship. Any information I can get about these three docks would be greatly appreciated.

All these docks are long walks from the town action. Ketchikan has the added issue if, some of your limits involve the ability to walk up/down hill. Especially steep, at low tide. There is a shuttle bus, but expect waits. There are also some tour kiosks there, and vendors should pick up there. It is a nice level marina walk with some benches, if tolerated.

The Ore Dock in Skagway is next to TEMSCO, so if flying, not much walk involved. Tours do pick up there. There is SMART bus, for a fee otherwise, from the "downtown" area.

Franklin Dock has a level marina dock to walk, don't recall if there were benches along the way? Tours do pick up here. Taxi line available. I don't believe Princess offers any shuttles to the Tram lot? Post this specific question after a few cruises have run.

In Skagway, Chilkoot will have a bus just outside the gated area at the front of the dock - so all you will have to do is walk a little more than the length of the dock. - As for your walk back to the ship, both the Ore and Broadway docks are just at the end of town, yes it is a bit of a hike, but less than the one to the RR dock:cool:. The link below will take you to Cruiseportinsider.com Skagway map page. Check out the other AK ports here as well.

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/skagwaymaps.html#.VUgczLTwvIU