Elation Karaoke - CDG or Computer?

Hi Everyone!

We will be on the Elation again in just a few short weeks. Had a question about their Karaoke setup. On previous voyages they have always used CDG's on Karakoe night . Since the upgrade awhile back, did they switch over to computer like the system that we found on our Breeze cruise last December or are they still using CDG's as before?

Thanks for any info you might be able to share.

Mike

Thanks for the info. In the past the Elation had used CDG's and seeing that still seems to be the case, that will be very cool for our Elation cruise next week. The Karaoke Hosts were always very nice to play the disc I gave them. I use licensed discs and not a disc I made. Maybe that makes a difference. I don't know.

There are so many versions of the same song out there and on so many different labels. It is always safer to have your own disc as you then know the arrangement and tempos while singing to the playback. IMHO and as a KJ, when you see a Sound Choice label displayed on screen you are in real good shape and the arrangement and tempos will be super. Most of the country discs will be on the Chartbuster label. They are good as well . You will see Pocket Songs as the label for Broadway tunes as well as many different artists and then so many other labels that are out there. Some good - some not so good.

Anyway, I do a mean Elvis and Meatloaf so if you see a guy about 6'2'', shaved bald head with a beard taking the mic on the May 21st cruise next week...that's me. Please say Hi!

Mike