Victoria Park Hotel

Calebo

Does anyone have any info on this hotel?

How far is it away from a Water Taxi Stop? One of our party has limited mobility issues and can't walk long distances.

We are deciding between this property and the Embassy Suites. This one is definately more affordable, but is the location of the Embassy Suites better for someone with mobility issues.

Does anyone have any info on this hotel?

How far is it away from a Water Taxi Stop? One of our party has limited mobility issues and can't walk long distances.

We are deciding between this property and the Embassy Suites. This one is definately more affordable, but is the location of the Embassy Suites better for someone with mobility issues.

It isn't any further from a water taxi stop than the Embassy. Probably about the same distance away.

Have you checked the Doubletree Gallery One? It is a water taxi stop.

I would book the Victoria Park Hotel over the Embassy. It's in a gorgeous setting in a neighborhood very close to the Galleria Mall.

The Embassy is on a very busy, industrial highway.

If someone has mobility issues, the Embassy isn't going to be any better.

However, there is a lot of construction on Sunrise which is the way you'd walk to the water taxi from the VPH.

Edited by BlueHerons

Thanks for the replies, we have decided on the Embassy Suites and have the transportation figured out....either a taxi to the water taxi or I have heard of some kind of pick up service, similar to a golf cart which holds about 6 people, it is not the Sun Trolley. My sister was in FL 2 weeks ago and used this transportation a lot. I'm not sure of the name of it. but they loved it, there was no fare, just tips.

Thanks for the replies, we have decided on the Embassy Suites and have the transportation figured out....either a taxi to the water taxi or I have heard of some kind of pick up service, similar to a golf cart which holds about 6 people, it is not the Sun Trolley. My sister was in FL 2 weeks ago and used this transportation a lot. I'm not sure of the name of it. but they loved it, there was no fare, just tips.

GEEZUS do not get on that golf cart on 17th Street!!! I see them on A1A and Las Olas all the time but not on 17th Street. 17th Street is like a very busy highway. I cannot imagine they are even allowed.

Use Uber or a cab.

GEEZUS do not get on that golf cart on 17th Street!!! I see them on A1A and Las Olas all the time but not on 17th Street. 17th Street is like a very busy highway. I cannot imagine they are even allowed.

Use Uber or a cab.

I was thinking the same thing. Tonight we saw a couple in a golf cart in Lauderdale by the Sea with a big dog in the back. Cute, but so dangerous in traffic on 17th St.

Chuckling here and picturing the Doctor in a golfcart on a highway. You are right , they might have used this transportation in a less densely populated area. Taxis will probably be used. The cost is not a problem for the gentleman with the mobility issues.