Options for changing to another sailing Early Saver?

mistyinca

There's a possibility I may not be able to keep my Vista sailing in June 2016. What are my options for switching my deposit to another sailing. I've never done this before. I booked Early Saver with a 50% reduced deposit. Final payment is still a long way off.

Thanks

There's a possibility I may not be able to keep my Vista sailing in June 2016. What are my options for switching my deposit to another sailing. I've never done this before. I booked Early Saver with a 50% reduced deposit. Final payment is still a long way off.

Thanks

Take the $50pp hit and move to another sailing, apply the difference in deposit to the next sailing. Though if your new rate doesn't include half price deposit, you will need to pay to make up the difference.

We did something kinda similar. Had 50% deposit on ES for Vista in 2016. Wanted to transfer to the same sailing but to our TA. Initially thought we might need to take the $50pp hit, but in the end it all worked out and they were just able to transfer the booking to the travel agent. I did have to make up the difference on the deposit though because the booking with the TA didn't have the 50% promo.

When you are ready to make the change, call Carnival and let them know the new sailing. They will take $50.00 off per person what you deposited on the Vista booking. What is left will be applied to the new sailing. Since you had a reduced deposit, you may have to pay more for the deposit for the new sailing. It just depends on the rules of the new sailing. I have done this once over the phone with the Carnival rep without any problem. It is a bummer to lose the $50.00 but you may make it back with early saver on price drops on the new sailing.:cool: