Mixology contest?

windan

Does anyone know if they still have a guest mixology contest on the ships? We will be cruising on the Pride in September. I remember there used to be one but on my last few cruises I didn't pay attention. Thank you

Does anyone know if they still have a guest mixology contest on the ships? We will be cruising on the Pride in September. I remember there used to be one but on my last few cruises I didn't pay attention. Thank you

They had it on the Fascination in April :)

I was in it last week. Drink tasted great, but looked awful! Didn't win, but had fun. Basically, you had unlimited juices, I think pineapple, orange, cranberry types. Also could choose up to three mixers, including things like blue curaçao, melon , peach schnapps, etc. but only one base liquor. I know that rum, tequila and vodka were choices there, but there were others I cannot remember. Make it pretty and come up with a cute name. Schmooze a little with the person running the contest, as I think it helps. Most of all, have fun!!

On our Legend cruise the Mixology contest seemed to actually be judged based on the drink. The winners of the Mixology contest on my last two Carnival cruises however, seemed to go to the girls in the tiniest of bikinis and the ones that could shake their assets the most. They could have had Kool-aide in those glasses and still won!

It was the same with the Hairy Chest Contest..... Chest Hair does not determine the winner..... The guy that got down the naughtiest with the wooden-stick-pony won the prize on this one...... Cover little Johnny's eyes cause it's not for the kiddies.

On our Legend cruise the Mixology contest seemed to actually be judged based on the drink. The winners of the Mixology contest on my last two Carnival cruises however, seemed to go to the girls in the tiniest of bikinis and the ones that could shake their assets the most. They could have had Kool-aide in those glasses and still won!

It was the same with the Hairy Chest Contest..... Chest Hair does not determine the winner..... The guy that got down the naughtiest with the wooden-stick-pony won the prize on this one...... Cover little Johnny's eyes cause it's not for the kiddies.

Marvelous post. Thanks for the laugh.

I do wonder though can you use a blender or only shake or stir for Mixology competition?

Marvelous post. Thanks for the laugh.

I do wonder though can you use a blender or only shake or stir for Mixology competition?

I'm 99% sure that they had blenders for the contestants to use..... There were a lot of the frozen type drinks so I'm almost positive that they were provided.

I'm 99% sure that they had blenders for the contestants to use..... There were a lot of the frozen type drinks so I'm almost positive that they were provided.

Ours on Magic last week was hand shaken only. No blender.

This Approved list for the Mixology Contest may be a tad outdated as it was from my Legend cruise a couple of years back. Perhaps someone can verify if the listing is still the same.....

Approved Liquors: Rum, Tequila, Vodka

Approved Liqueurs: Melon Liqueur, Peach Schnapps, Blackberry Brandy, Apricot Brandy Rasberry Liqueur, Crème de Banana, Crème de Cacao, Crème de Menthe, Butterscotch Schnapps, Blue Cauacao and Triple Sec.

Approved Mixers: Cranberry Juice, Pineapple Juice, OJ, Sweet & Sour Mix, Pina Colada Mix, Strawberry Daquari Mix, Banana Daquari Mix .

At that time, Soft Drink Mixers were not permitted.

Definitely following this thread. My husband makes the best drinks and I was telling him he needs to enter the contest this time. Its funny, just last night we were talking about this and wondering aloud what the ingredient options might be... and then this thread pops up :)

This Approved list for the Mixology Contest may be a tad outdated as it was from my Legend cruise a couple of years back. Perhaps someone can verify if the listing is still the same.....

Approved Liquors: Rum, Tequila, Vodka

Approved Liqueurs: Melon Liqueur, Peach Schnapps, Blackberry Brandy, Apricot Brandy Rasberry Liqueur, Crème de Banana, Crème de Cacao, Crème de Menthe, Butterscotch Schnapps, Blue Cauacao and Triple Sec.

Approved Mixers: Cranberry Juice, Pineapple Juice, OJ, Sweet & Sour Mix, Pina Colada Mix, Strawberry Daquari Mix, Banana Daquari Mix .

At that time, Soft Drink Mixers were not permitted.

If this is not exactly right, it is still pretty darn close to what we had last week on the Magic.