Cabin assignment when at sea

AZWTRLVR

I will be sailing on the June 13 Baltic cruise with a friend. We requested a specific cabin so should be okay.

Last week I saw that the Eurodam was not repeating the Baltic at the end of our cruise but doing the Fjords and Highland itinerary. My friend will be going home at the end of the Baltic cruise so I booked the Fjords cruise as a solo.

My question. I booked a VH guarantee. Since I will be aboard ship on the first cruise, how will I find out my stateroom assignment for the second? I assume I can go to the front desk at the end of the first voyage. However, if my TA receives an offer of an upgrade, how would she contact me? I doubt she would make an overseas phone call to the ship.

You should have all the necessary information for your continuation cruise when you board the initial cruise. I would also recommend you stop by the front desk when it is not busy but early in the initial cruise and ask about upgrades for your 2nd cruise so they know you are interested. Maybe you can get lucky and stay in the same cabin (I would have your TA ask about this before you leave), if not, your steward will help you move cabins.

Thank you for your help. I have never encountered this situation before. I received a call from my TA this morning and she had called HAL and had the two bookings linked. They said they would try and get me near the cabin I will be in during the first sailing.

At the end of the first sailing I will achieve four-star status. My TA also informed HAL of this so hopefully I will receive the benefits during the second cruise. I was told to check with the Front Desk to confirm this.

A month today and we will be sailing out of Copenhagen!