Haven on Getaway questions

Slark

At the risk of sounding aloof, any help on the following would be appreciated:

1) I have heard that with the recent promotions several of the specialty restaurants are getting difficult to book. On past cruises our Haven concierge has gotten us into anything we wanted. Has this changed? Or were we simply lucky?

2) We also used to get a notice about a pre-cruise concierge line we could call to reserve certain items. Does this still exist? Do i care?

3) Does the new room service fee apply to the Haven?

Many thanks!

1) I have heard that with the recent promotions several of the specialty restaurants are getting difficult to book. On past cruises our Haven concierge has gotten us into anything we wanted. Has this changed? Or were we simply lucky?

2) We also used to get a notice about a pre-cruise concierge line we could call to reserve certain items. Does this still exist? Do i care?

Many thanks!

We just got off the Getaway a couple of weeks ago.

We had no trouble booking specialty restaurants when onboard. In fact, we were surprised that they were not busier given the dining package. The exception would be Teppanyaki since they have limited seating available. We did it on this cruise and it was one of the best on any NCL ship.

We had room service for breakfast one morning (eggs bacon etc.) and there was no room service charge.

We did get a letter, luggage tags and number for the pre-cruise concierge. Called the number and everything was ready when we arrived at our cabin the first day.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Bon Voyage!

The Haven concierge is still wonderful at getting reservations for specialty restaurants, but the UDP has made some difference. A couple of weeks before our cruise we pre-booked with the on line concierge and were unable to get some of the times we wanted. We booked the times available and the on line concierge made note of the times we really wanted. When we got on board the Haven concierge had already changed the reservations to what we wanted, except in Le Bistro one evening when a particularly large group had pre-booked at our favorite time. We just ate at Cagney's that night.

We did get a letter, luggage tags and number for the pre-cruise concierge. Called the number and everything was ready when we arrived at our cabin the first day.

Bachmonkey, thanks for the quick reply! When did you receive your letter? We are three weeks out.:eek:

The Haven concierge is still wonderful at getting reservations for specialty restaurants, but the UDP has made some difference. A couple of weeks before our cruise we pre-booked with the on line concierge and were unable to get some of the times we wanted. We booked the times available and the on line concierge made note of the times we really wanted. When we got on board the Haven concierge had already changed the reservations to what we wanted, except in Le Bistro one evening when a particularly large group had pre-booked at our favorite time. We just ate at Cagney's that night.

Travelmatron, Thanks for the info! I don'y know about the on line concierge. Is that the My NCL thingy?:confused:

Many thanks!

We got off the Getaway on Saturday. I pre booked all our dinners. I saw several suite guests with the concierge unable to get them a reservation the restaurant they wanted at the time they wanted. So this issue may vary from cruise to cruise. To avoid disappointment, I say pre-book online.

Pre cruise concierge does still exist. http://thehaven.ncl.com/experience/#

Room service fee doesn't apply to the Haven. Just tip your butler as per normal.

We got off the Getaway on Saturday. I pre booked all our dinners. I saw several suite guests with the concierge unable to get them a reservation the restaurant they wanted at the time they wanted. So this issue may vary from cruise to cruise. To avoid disappointment, I say pre-book online.

Pre cruise concierge does still exist. http://thehaven.ncl.com/experience/#

Room service fee doesn't apply to the Haven. Just tip your butler as per normal.

Thanks, SuiteTraveler!

If Adrian is still the concierge on Getaway...he will get you into any venue at any time. He makes it happen no matter what.

Last week the concierges were 2 women - Ruth and Noemi. No males. But at any rate, when they would call the restaurant to try to book for others, they were told nothing available until 8:30 or 9pm or not available at all. So it really is best to book ahead of time to get the date and time you really want in order to avoid disappointment. We had no problem with any of our pre-arranged reservations.

Edited by SuiteTraveler