Balcony room info, specifically on valor

I can't see how to post directly on the Valor board, so I'll post here and hope for the best. 4 of us (women) want to share a balcony room. I've read where it can accommodate 4, have been told by Carnival rep it can be done, but I can't find any pictures of the room that shows where a 4th person might bunk. All I see are the two twins and the sofa. So, I want to know if anyone has been in a balcony room and knows if it will accommodate 4.

I have seen one.... They have a pull down bunk above the couch. If you are trying to fit 4 in a room you have more room in an OV room. But there are balcony rooms that accommodate 4. I personally can't imagine 4 women trying to use the bathroom and getting ready... I feel like I crowd my wife out when she is getting ready for dinner etc.

OVs are listed as being 220 sq.ft, while the indoors part of a balcony are 185 sq.ft. I have measured a balcony (it is 185), but not a regular OV. The setup of both is the same. I'm guessing that they space out the sofa & regular bed more in an OV. However, it doesn't really look like it in this OV pic I found. In this pic, the sofa is not made into a bed. When it is, the back cushions are removed, and sheets are put over the seat of the sofa.

OV2.jpg

Edited by k2excursion

OVs are listed as being 220 sq.ft, while the indoors part of a balcony are 185 sq.ft. I have measured a balcony (it is 185), but not a regular OV. The setup of both is the same. I'm guessing that they space out the sofa & regular bed more in an OV. However, it doesn't really look like it in this OV pic I found. In this pic, the sofa is not made into a bed. When it is, the back cushions are removed, and sheets are put over the seat of the sofa.

OV2.jpg

Thanks for this picture. Helps to visualize things.

The OV photo looks exactly like the balcony rooms. Just had one on the Valor in April with my family of 4. I thought I had a picture but I can't find it :confused:

Edited by amyh13

Some of the cabins that are designed to sleep 4 have 2 pull down bunks like in the picture. If not 2 then they convert the sofa to a bed. it can get crowded, but if you pick a cabin high up close to the SPA , using the Spa showers and facilitys to get ready can be done. The Valor does not do the special spa category cabins so you won't spend that much more to get a cabin close to the spa.

Go to a site called: dubbya dubbya dubbya dot cruise line rooms dot com and find your way to the Carnival Valor. Click on cabin #6285 and it will show you what the accommodations are for a room for four people. We had rooms 6283 and 6285 that connect for our two families. It was wonderful having the door open between the two. BTW, it wouldn't let me post the site as a URL.

Edited by Nick and Nancy
Misspelled