Earliest time for luggage dropoff in Southampton

I'll be on the Explorer of the Seas in October. The ship is departing Southampton at 16:30. I'll be arriving into Southampton airport around 08:30. The ship will have arrived in around 06:00.

I'd like to spend the morning meeting friends for coffee unencumbered by AllTheLuggageInTheWorld . Anyone know what's the earliest I could drop my suitcase at the pier? I'm happy to wait and checkin later, but would like to be able to drop my suitcases with the porters and head back into town.

I doubt very much that they will take your luggage before 9am as they will be dealing with the debarking passengers.

Why not email RCCL and ask if they can accommodate you?

I'll drop them a line, but I was trying to get an idea of when they might normally start accepting luggage. For example if they start at 10, then I could loiter in the airport and get some breakfast there.

As I typed that, the times "felt" strange, so as it happens my flight leaves home at 8:30, getting into SOU around 9:30, so between the jigs and the reels, I probably wouldn't get to the port much before 10:30 anyway. In that case, if they start accepting luggage at 11, I could hang out in the airport for 30 minutes before moving off.

IME they take luggage early.

We have dropped before 10:30 at city terminal and there has already been loads waiting.

There are 2 point one for cars near the gate and another for pax dropped at the main pax entrance, they have people collecting bags there early.

• 2 weeks later...

We parked up at 10am last time and there were maybe 30-40 cars already parked. We only had carry on so left out bags in the car while we walked into town but they were collecting luggage at this point. I would head straight down from the airport and don't think you'll wait too long.