Suite Perks Question

Regguy

Trying to figure out whether to book a suite and have a question regarding the room service options. As I understand it, you can order room service either from Cagneys for breakfast and lunch, and also can order room service on specialty dining. Two questions -- first, NCL is currently offering a specialty dining credit for bookings. Does anyone have a sense whether this credit can be applied if you order specialty dining via room service in a suite. Second, are there menus provided? Or do you all just know what's on the menus by hear? ;0)

The Concierge can provide you with specialty restaurant menus for your suite, if they are not there already.

As far as breakfast goes, you can order what you like from the butler - ordering the afternoon before is helpful so that the butler knows what is going on in advance.

I'm not sure if you can order specialty dining in your suite without paying the up charge if you have the UDP. We never did that on our last cruise or any previous cruise. Some people claim you can use the UDP for room service. I just don't know first hand. We like to go to the restaurants in the evening.

Thanks all. Sorry not to have been more clear, but we don't actually have unlimited dining. We have a $75 per person credit. Not sure whether it's the same issue with respect to applying the credit toward room service from specialty restaurants, but just wanted to clarify.

Another thought that occurred to me is I wonder if one can use the dollar credit for specialty dining as partial payment for the dining package? Probably not, but seems like an interesting question. Just doing the math, it seems like paying for the dining package might be a bad idea for us since I doubt we'd use it every night, but interesting nonetheless.

Okay, adding another twist to this, if you have the UDP and you're in a suite, if you ask the butler to bring you breakfast from Cagney's, are you charged the $7.95 room service charge?

Okay, adding another twist to this, if you have the UDP and you're in a suite, if you ask the butler to bring you breakfast from Cagney's, are you charged the $7.95 room service charge?

I don't believe there is a room service charge in the suites.

If you don't have the UDP, you can order room service from the specialty restaurants but you will have to pay the up charge, which you would be able to do with your dining credit, one would imagine. Where this "dining credit" is new, I can't say for sure if they have some restriction. I'd certainly ask beforehand.

On our last cruise I believe that the specialty restaurant menus were in our suite.

There is no room service charge if you are in a suite because you are not using room service, you are using your Butler to deliver the meal. The charge from the specialty still applies if you do not have the UDP, or in this case the dinning credit.

Another thought that occurred to me is I wonder if one can use the dollar credit for specialty dining as partial payment for the dining package? Probably not, but seems like an interesting question. Just doing the math, it seems like paying for the dining package might be a bad idea for us since I doubt we'd use it every night, but interesting nonetheless.

My PCC told me that we could not use the dining credit to purchase the UDP. Starting on June 1 the UDP will again be offered as a promotion I'll be calling then to change my reservation.