Tahiti Princess/Just the two of us!

Curious Jan

This may sound dumb but my husband and I tried to get another couple to go with us to Tahiti.

I think it is a lot more fun if you know someone and also if my husband wants to do something I don't you can hook up with your friends. Well, we have had no luck, so it will just be the two of us. First, what are the chances we will get a small table for meals?

I really want a large one so we will meet people with similar interests. I have never traveled this far and neither of us have been to Tahiti before and I am really apprehensive about a lot of things. We don't go till Sept 14th. So are most people in two's or is there a lot of larger parties?

Thanks

Jan

Hey there Jan!

We are planning our cruise as "just the two of us". I know what you mean by enjoying large groups of firends, though we have planned this trip as our Anniversary celebration, so we are really looking forward to "us" time. icon_wink.gif

We booked a table for 2 (but since those are few and far between, we will request a larger table of 6 or more if we are unable to get the two). It's my understanding from reading these boards that the larger tables are pretty easy to get. You can check with the Maitre D when you arrive regarding your seating arrangements and he/she may be able to switch you if you are at too small of a table (or too large).

Have a great trip!

~Suzy

"Our" Maiden Voyage: Tahitian Princess Aug. 25

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;08;25;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Hi, It's just the two of us on the 27 May sailing. To be honest though, we both work away from home a lot, so our hols are seen as our chance to catch up with each other and have time together. People are always mistaking us for a honeymoon couple, although I swear we don't go for PDA's.

We were fortunate on our last cruise to get a table for two, but we know they're few and far between. It is actually one of the reasons we don't cruise as much as we would otherwise. We love to meet people, but also want our romantic evenings together.

Soraya

Hello Jan,

We always ask our TA to place us at a larger table and we usually find a couple or two that we can relate to. However we do travel in a group most of the time (6-8 of us), but we still ask for a large table to make new friends.

So, my suggestion would request a larger table before you even leave home.

Enjoy...

DONNA

=^..^=

Donna.gif

We traveled as 2, and asked for a large table so we could meet other people. We got our wish and met three other really nice couples. We got along so well, that we were the last ones out of the 1st seating each night (we couldn't quit talking) and had to be chased out by the staff so the 2nd seating could begin. We also met up with our table mates for on-board activities, etc. It was great. With a large table you're bound to be compatible with someone there.

KB9MU

We always go as a twosome but always request a table for six or eight. The first night on board the Tahitian we had dinner (it was sit anywhere) with a lovely couple and from then on we caught up with them during the day etc. We also met up with all the Cruise Critic friends from the board, so we were never lonesome.

We like our time together as well and as it was our 40th wedding celebration it was a very special time. You will not be lonely on that cruise, go and enjoy yourselves, it was the best.

Jennie.

The next cruise is always the best!

3RD OCTOBER, 2004 PRINSENDAM

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=228b22&cdt=2004;10;3;17;0;00&timezone=GMT+0200

We, too, are traveling as a couple. We invited lots of people to come along, but most balked at the long flight(from the East Coast) and the expense. We will be celebrating our 25th anniversary and my birthday, both on the same day.

I've found in past cruises that we always meet people to socialize with on board, but we are also very comfortable with just sharing each other's company.

We do usually request a table of 8 or 10 to allow us to meet others and to ensure that we are compatible with at least someone at the table. You're kind of stuck if you're seated at a smaller table and you table mates turn out to be jerks. We've always been lucky but have heard horror stories when things haven't worked out well.

Compatibility will be especially important on this trip because of the length.

Good luck and most of all, have fun! icon_biggrin.gif

Hi Jan,

I'm from Irwin,PA just east of you, and we were on board the Tahitian Princess last May. Infact, just today I booked a return cruise for next April 05 from Tahiti to Honolulu on the Tahitian Princess. We had a table for two next the the window and just loved the dining room experience and our waitress was so terrific! Belive me, there is so much to see and do on this cruise and I know you and your husband will just love it! You will meet many nice people from all over the country, and Australia, The Aussies were my favorites and some day we hope to cruise to the land down under to meetup with the freinds we made on-board the TP. Please read the reviews from the other past posters on these boards re the Tahitian Princess and you can judge for yourself the fantastic time you can expect to have. If you need more information I can give you some pointers just let me know!

Jim

Curious Jan,

I would like to suggest that you go to the Roll Call Boards and see if there is a roll call for your cruise. Join in and meet your fellow cruisers. We did this last year and again this year on the TP and have met wonderful people who we toured with, ate with, and had fun with. A great group of people. We even managed to sit together with a group from CC by speaking to the Maitre'D the first night.

We are all hoping on doing a repeat (my third time) on the TP in Sept. 2006.

Enjoy your trip and I'm sure you will make lots of new friends.

Jackie

Hello Jan, Iwas very happy to see that someone else is going on the 09/14/2004 tp cruise as well.Looking forward to enjoying paradise in polynesia with perhaps new found friends.

David, and Daphna

countdown to "T" time countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ffff&cdt=2004;09;14;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I posted a longish review of our cruise on the Tahitian Princess in January/February of this year, in case any of you are interested. She is a great ship and just the right size for us (680 pax), we hate the megaships ( read floating apartment complexes !).

CruisingBryan,

I see that you are from Hawaii. Aloha!

Did you fly Hawaiian down to Tahiti? I have made a post asking about Hawaiian and looking for any information about the flights and checking in at Faa'a.

~Suzy

"Our" Maiden Voyage: Tahitian Princess Aug. 25

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;08;25;12;00;00&timezone=GMT-1000

Jan:

My husband and I will be going on the April 27th sailing. I have been posting since September looking for some more CC's and really have had little to no response. Have chatted on the boards with a group sailing the week after us and will be meeting up with them on the ship as we change over..I have been enjoying the excitement with them as we make plans for a great trip..Every cruise we go on we ask for a table of 6,8, or 10.. If it is a large table, my husband always suggests that every night we change sitting postions so that we can sit next to someone new.. It is a great way to meet and chat with different people..We always meet and have a great time with others. Have fun, and just go to have a great time.. Jackie

94 Carnival Ectasay

96 RCL Legends

98 Dawn Princes

01 Crown Princess

02 RCL Grandure

03 Clebrity Summit

04 Tahitian Princess

Archived