Ocean view 9B on Disney Magic.

ahzach

Hey. I am thinking of booking the 11 day Disney Magic cruise departing on June 29 2015 from Copenhagen. Balconies are sold out. I have cruised two times before with NCL, both in balconies. Do you think that it is a good idea for someone who has sailed only in a balcony to book the Deluxe Oceanview Cabin on Disney Magic? The itenary is fantastic. Besides, even if balconies were available, I don't know if I would book one as I can barely afford an Outside stateroom. ($5525 per person). We will be two people.

THis cruise looks fantastic. However, there are a lot of sea days. The real question is whether you will be satisfied with a porthole when you have previously booked a balcony. That's a question only you can answer. You'll probably want to be outside on those sea days--will you be just as happy in public spaces? What do you do on those days?

I suspect this cruise will be one with fewer kids than typical, which is really nice. BUT that also means that the adult areas tend to be more crowded. I like to sit and read...but I found that I really like doing it on my balcony.

Bottom line--your only choice is to do the cruise or not. You can wait till next year and hope for a cabin you like better on a similar cruise or you can book this. I considered this cruise and decided against it because of the very high price.

Thanks! I am 69 and I will be going with my 14 year old grandson. He is active and will want to explore the ship and activities but I prefere to sit back and read my book, so a balcony is a nice thing for me. I'll think about it. Maybe I will book a balcony for the sailing in July 2016.

Thanks! I am 69 and I will be going with my 14 year old grandson. He is active and will want to explore the ship and activities but I prefere to sit back and read my book, so a balcony is a nice thing for me. I'll think about it. Maybe I will book a balcony for the sailing in July 2016.

You will probably miss your balcony, but you should still do it. The OV on DCL is a LARGE window that kids, at least can sit in. Have you seen pix of the room? You can always sip on up to deck 9 or 10. If you don't care about being near the pool, you should have no trouble finding a chair.

You will probably miss your balcony, but you should still do it. The OV on DCL is a LARGE window that kids, at least can sit in. Have you seen pix of the room? You can always sip on up to deck 9 or 10. If you don't care about being near the pool, you should have no trouble finding a chair.

The window on the Magic & Wonder in the oceanview rooms isn't wide enough to really sit in them. It's a bit wide (maybe about 4-6") so you can kind of sit on it. But the window is big (about 4' across)

30ky3af.jpg

The oceanview window that you can actually sit in are only on the Dream & Fantasy, AFAIK.

The window on the Magic & Wonder in the oceanview rooms isn't wide enough to really sit in them. It's a bit wide (maybe about 4-6") so you can kind of sit on it. But the window is big (about 4' across)

30ky3af.jpg

The oceanview window that you can actually sit in are only on the Dream & Fantasy, AFAIK.

You are right schmoo, I was mixing up my kids sitting on the ledge with my memories of the sitting in the big portholes down by Route 66 or at the entrance to parrot cay.

As someone that had only done balcony staterooms for our first several cruises I was afraid I would hate an Oceanview stateroom on the Wonder when we went to Alaska a couple of years ago. I was surprised that I didn't find myself missing the balcony nearly as much as I had anticipated. Only you can decide what is right for you of course. :) One caveat is to make certain your ocean view stateroom is on Deck 2, because those are the rooms with the big porthole windows like in the great pix that Shmoo posted. On Deck 1 there are 2 small porthole windows in the ocean view staterooms.