We've got...I mean a 'Friend' has a situation.

Itsbeentoolong

Hi there,

Does anyone know P&O's policy if you have a cruise in 7 months but your partner falls pregnant? It says they won't accept women over 24 weeks so will they let you cancel? They only paid cheap £100 deposit in Thompsons 'Deal week' will they need to pay the rest of the deposit? Can they transfer the cruise til next year or is 6-9 months too young for a child?

Thanks I'll pass on your comments :)

Hi there,

Does anyone know P&O's policy if you have a cruise in 7 months but your partner falls pregnant? It says they won't accept women over 24 weeks so will they let you cancel? They only paid cheap £100 deposit in Thompsons 'Deal week' will they need to pay the rest of the deposit? Can they transfer the cruise til next year or is 6-9 months too young for a child?

Thanks I'll pass on your comments :)

I assume you paid a select fare..that is most important to check.

If you paid a select fare contact your TA and ask them to speak to P and O about transferring to a later cruise. TandC of this is that there will be a £100 admin charge and the new cruise has to be as or more expensive than your original one.

You have 6 months to book another one in (notice book not sail). Ref your deposit payment. As that is between you and your TA ,sorry cannot help you with that , you will have to talk to TA.

Other alternative ofcourse is to cancel the whole thing and lose your £100 deposit. That would be up to you to decide.

People do take babies on cruises.

One of our party had the same issue and we got a full refund no problem at all. All PO ask is that you send a certified copy of pregnancy details to them ie estimated due date from hospital. I wouldn't transfer as cruises are limited with babies (can only travel 7 mths +) and you can only select those with no more than one sailing day in between ports.

We booked via a TA but its a PO policy not to allow pregnant women who reach 24 weeks either before or during the cruise therefore they have no problems refunding deposit or in some cases the full amount. You also get a refund for the person sharing the cabin as well in our case DDs OH.

Hope this helps.

Edited by my marina bay

One of our party had the same issue and we got a full refund no problem at all. All PO ask is that you send a certified copy of pregnancy details to them ie estimated due date from hospital. I wouldn't transfer as cruises are limited with babies (can only travel 7 mths +) and you can only select those with no more than one sailing day in between ports.

We booked via a TA but its a PO policy not to allow pregnant women who reach 24 weeks either before or during the cruise therefore they have no problems refunding deposit or in some cases the full amount. You also get a refund for the person sharing the cabin as well in our case DDs OH.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for clarifying the situation with pregnancy situations.

We had the same issue. We were booked on Ventura and then we found out we were expecting a baby. Because in that situation P&O are actually telling you that you cannot travel, they provided a full refund including deposit. We also received the deposit back for our wedding (which was on the same cruise).

There were 10 in our party and they also got refunded. We then rebooked when the baby's age was appropriate.

Edited by MattyBarlow