Dream Room choice HELP!!!

lorelei0922

Question for those who have sailed on Dream ...

I booked a Spa Balcony room on the Dream ... room 1203 .

Now I've become a bit concerned about HOW over looked the balcony is.

I saw some pictures someone posted a view from next door sort of thing and it is Completely overlooked with people on the Serenity deck looking down on you.

This isn't good.

On the Conquest we were on Deck 7... obviously Dec 8 was above us and we had the basic privacy everyone has, you COULD look through the gaps in the divider but other than that its pretty much private unless someone is REALLY trying.

I'm wondering if I ought to down grade to a deck that is covered ? and how can I find out?

I believe 11 is still spa balconies ??? .. would those then be "covered" by the deck 12 balconies?

Help! only got to the 7th of July when i have to make my final payment to make a decision.

Half of deck 11's rooms are still Cloud 9 Spa rooms, the forward half. The ones that are closer to the outdoor areas are not Cloud 9 rooms. It's easy to tell where the division is on the deck plans. Also, the colors of the rooms change on the deck plans. The deck 11 balconies will be covered & give you more privacy. Chances are, they are only slightly higher priced than deck 10 balconies, so it makes more sense to get a Cloud 9 balcony on deck 11 rather than a deck 10 room + purchasing the spa pass.

Half of deck 11's rooms are still Cloud 9 Spa rooms, the forward half. The ones that are closer to the outdoor areas are not Cloud 9 rooms. It's easy to tell where the division is on the deck plans. Also, the colors of the rooms change on the deck plans. The deck 11 balconies will be covered & give you more privacy. Chances are, they are only slightly higher priced than deck 10 balconies, so it makes more sense to get a Cloud 9 balcony on deck 11 rather than a deck 10 room + purchasing the spa pass.

Ideal.. this is exactly what i was looking for... I think i'll have to call Carnival today!

Only problem is the UK operators dont seem to actually have experience with the ships so no way to advise !

Thanks for the help!

Heather

take the cheaper one and pay for the spa with your savings.

the balconies are the same no matter what deck-- small and narrow.

you deck 11 comes with the spa pass. the lower decks you just need to pay for it

Some of the rooms on deck 12 the balcony are covered (the closer to the front of boat are covered) I am not looking at a deck plan so I am not sure of the numbers. We stayed on deck 12 spa balcony and loved it, our balcony was not covered and we never had anyone standing at the rail above us

• 2 weeks later...

We've had staterooms on both decks, I prefer deck 11 over 12. On 12,people can't really see you unless they lean waaaayyyy over the railing above you, and then theres a good chance you will see them, as they fly by. But 12 has no real cover over the balcony, and it get's HOT!!! while in port in the sun. Deck 11 is slightly cheaper and just as easy to get to the spa.

We have 11214 on a B2B starting Oct. 4. Can't wait.