Sleep Inn in Charleston?

CruiseMom87

Im sorry if this has been covered. I couldn't find any recent posts about this specific hotel.

I'm considering booking Sleep Inn in West Ashley. It's on Savannah Hwy. we are parking at the port so I don't need to cruise and park package. Is this a descent area? Is there anything good wise nearby?

Im sorry if this has been covered. I couldn't find any recent posts about this specific hotel.

I'm considering booking Sleep Inn in West Ashley. It's on Savannah Hwy. we are parking at the port so I don't need to cruise and park package. Is this a descent area? Is there anything good wise nearby?

It's a heavily trafficked main four lane into Charleston from the South (U.S. 17). It is a decent area for a commercial road. It's a convenient, short, straight shot to the port. The neighborhoods behind the area aren't that good but you shouldn't have a problem. But then again those are the reasons you get a better price.

The Residence Inn, Springhill Suites and LaQuinta are in a little bit better area closer to downtown. So are the ones further south on Hwy 17 near Town & Country Inn, Hampton Inn & Suites, Comfort Suites, Hawthorn Suites near I-526 and U-S 17.

What do you mean by "anything good wise nearby?"

Sorry. I'm on my phone. I meant FOOD wise. Lol.

Thanks for the suggestions! I'll prove those out and see which is best.

OK we're getting closer. :D Is there a particular type of cuisine or price you're interested in?

There's DD Pecker's, The Green Goat, Bessingers Barbecue, East Bay Deli, Ihop, California Dreaming, five guys burgers, Early Bird Diner (featured on Dinners, drive-ins & Dives), Jersey Mikes Subs, The Roost, a chinese buffet, El Dorado Mexican.

Then there are a cluster of restaurants nearby in Avondale on Savannah Hwy at Magnolia: Triangle Char & Bar, Mellow Mushroom pizza, Nirlep Indian, Pearlz oyster bar, Voodoo lounge, Gene's Haufbrau Haus, and Al di La Italian.

Hows that for restaurants? There are more but I sense your eyes were beginning to glaze over. ;)