Home port wedding? Sailing vs non sailing guests

I'm not sure. I have to provide a lot of info for my non sailing guest. I don't think they get a card. I've heard there are little sticker badges, but really not too sure. Any past brides care to shine light?

How does Carnival distinguish between the two? And are the non sailing guests given a card or some way for them to "ding" out so CCL knows if they have left the ship? Curious how that works

This is going to be one of those depends on the port things.

Sailing guests will obviously get a S&S card and can make purchases the second they're onboard. In Baltimore (the one port I'm familiar with) the guests will exchange their IDs for temporary visitor cards. They will have their photo taken once they board the ship and it will be attached to the unique card. They can make purchases using a credit card at most bars if they want drinks before your wedding. When they debark, they will "ding" off using the magic card and turn it back in for their ID.

The cards are supposed to be worn when onboard, BUT most of the coordinators say to take them off once onboard because they look bad in photos.