Allure: Marseille Docking

sparklymermaid

The Allure docks very far. The free shuttle is ~15 min walk from the dock.

The free shuttle takes you to the Pl. de la Joilette. From there you can take bus #55 to the Vieux Port, there you'll find "Le Petit Train" (which I think was a wonderful way to see a bit of Marseille and the cathedral). When were docked, the taxis were on strike, so had no choice but to take the free shuttle, and then we walked to the Vieux Port.

Hopefully when you'll be there, the taxis will not be on strike, so you'll have many more choices :)

The Allure docks very far. The free shuttle is ~15 min walk from the dock.

The free shuttle takes you to the Pl. de la Joilette. From there you can take bus #55 to the Vieux Port, there you'll find "Le Petit Train" (which I think was a wonderful way to see a bit of Marseille and the cathedral). When were docked, the taxis were on strike, so had no choice but to take the free shuttle, and then we walked to the Vieux Port.

Hopefully when you'll be there, the taxis will not be on strike, so you'll have many more choices :)

How long is the walk from Pl.de la Joilette to Vieux Port please?

How long is the walk from Pl.de la Joilette to Vieux Port please?

~40 min, leisurely (did I mention it was very hot?) along the quai,while asking for directions and taking pictures. I think there is another way to get to the Vieux Port, but we didn't use any applications on our mobiles, just the map. Actually, I saw people who were with us in the shuttle, and they arrived way before us at the Petit Train...

While "researching" how to get back without walking again, beside #55 bus, there is a metro, but you have to switch lines.