Hey Carnival - PLEASE add new ports to the 4-5 night itineraries!

HappyHappy1

I wish Carnival would get some new itineraries for their four-five night cruises out of Galveston & New Orleans. Progresso & Cozumel over and over. Mix it up a bit.

I'm sure Carnival could add Costa Maya and/or Grand Cayman into the mix. A couple of suggestions...

5 day itinerary

• Sea Day, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Sea Day
  • Sea Day, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Sea Day

I'm sure my suggestions would fall on deaf ears...but needed to vent my frustrations!

Edited by HappyHappy1

Yes, the could do Costa Maya instead of Progreso. My first cruise in 2007 was on a 5-day on the Fantasy out of New Orleans and the port stops were originally Costa Maya and Cozumel. Hurricane Dean hit Costa Maya the week before, so we ended up in Progreso anyway.

The week before when the hurricane was active, they went to Key West instead of Costa Maya.

Costa Maya is right below Cozumel. We took a cruise that went from Costa Maya to Cozumel. The ports were so close together, we were sailing in circles wasting time between ports.

Grand Cayman is a little farther... Carnival would probably have to depart at 3pm to make it back. They have other ports that they leave early to make schedules work (Grand Turk, Freeport for the Pride, Key West)...I'm sure they could do it!

Since the Triumph is doing the short cruises out of Galveston, I would think she should be able to either of these ports without a problem. The Elation out of New Orleans should be able to do Costa Maya...Not sure about GC.

Edited by HappyHappy1

We live 8 hours from New Orleans. As New Orleans is our closes port for us. We would love for Carnival to add new ports of call as we have been to Cozumel and Progreso so many times.

We totally agree. We live in New Orleans and love sailing out of here., so much so that we are now Platinum w/Carnival. However, it's always the exact same ships & the exact same ports for the last several years. Boring!! We won't book another cruise until they change something. I know they are replacing the smaller ship with the Triumph. Why Triumph? It was here just a few years ago. Nothing new there.

Grand Cayman is a little farther... Carnival would probably have to depart at 3pm to make it back. They have other ports that they leave early to make schedules work (Grand Turk, Freeport for the Pride, Key West)...I'm sure they could do it!

Grand Cayman is about 1,100 miles from Galveston. It would take 44 hours sailing at 22 knots to make it back. The ship would have to depart by noon to get back to port on time.

Grand Cayman is about 1,100 miles from Galveston. It would take 44 hours sailing at 22 knots to make it back. The ship would have to depart by noon to get back to port on time.

They can also make it the first stop i.s.o. the last one.

I wish Carnival would get some new itineraries for their four-five night cruises out of Galveston & New Orleans. Progresso & Cozumel over and over. Mix it up a bit.

I'm sure Carnival could add Costa Maya and/or Grand Cayman into the mix. A couple of suggestions...

5 day itinerary

• Sea Day, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Sea Day
  • Sea Day, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Sea Day

I'm sure my suggestions would fall on deaf ears...but needed to vent my frustrations!

Both these embarkation ports are destinations for millions of folks who live up and down the Mississippi corridor as well as the entire Southwest...no need to constantly change itineraries until they have no new cruisers booking these runs. 4 and 5 day itineraries are usually "introduction" cruises...getting people familiar with cruising from an easily accessible port so that they graduate upwards to longer cruises both in distance and duration.

A little frustrating for "weekend" cruisers I'm sure.

Both these embarkation ports are destinations for millions of folks who live up and down the Mississippi corridor as well as the entire Southwest...no need to constantly change itineraries until they have no new cruisers booking these runs. 4 and 5 day itineraries are usually "introduction" cruises...getting people familiar with cruising from an easily accessible port so that they graduate upwards to longer cruises both in distance and duration.

A little frustrating for "weekend" cruisers I'm sure.

I live about four and a half hour from Galveston. If Carnival would have more options for four or five night cruises I would cruise more. We vacation frequently and typically end up doing land vacations for our shorter trips due to the boring itineraries for the 4-5 nighters that are offered from Galveston/New Orleans/Houston.

I prefer a longer cruise, but my sons cannot typically take off a week at a time from work. They work four days a week, so taking off two days is much easier than taking off four days.

We could fly to florida and take the short cruises from there, but that adds about $300+ per person. Not worth it for a short cruise.

Maybe I am the only one in this situation...maybe not. Just my two cents...and still wishing they would add new ports!

I like the idea, and I think it would be great to do Cozumel and Costa Maya for a change. Since they do two 5 night cruises and one 4 night cruise in a two week rotation, they could make one of the 5 night cruises Costa Maya instead of Progresso.

Unfortunately I don't think they have quite enough time in 5 days to make it to Grand Cayman or one of the other more exotic places.

I totally agree. We need new ports out of Galveston and New Orleans. They could certainly do the 5 night to Costa Maya/Cozumel, not so sure about G. Cayman. I would love if Carnival got rid of Freeport, Progreso, and Belize on their Galveston/New Orleans itinerary. Here are some itineraries that could work.

Day 1: Galveston/New Orleans

Day 2: Sea Day

Day 3: Key West- 9AM - 5PM

Day 4: Nassau- 12PM - 8PM

Day 5: Half Moon Cay- 8AM - 5PM

Day 6: Sea Day

Day 7: Sea Day

Day 8: Galveston/New Orleans

Day 3: Sea Day

Day 4: Roatan- 8AM - 6PM

Day 5: Costa Maya- 8AM - 5PM

Day 6: Cozumel- 8AM - 5PM

Day 1: New Orleans/Galveston

Day 3: Costa Maya- 1PM - 9PM

Day 4: Cozumel- 8AM - 5PM

Day 5: Sea Day

Day 6: New Orleans/Galveston

I was looking at Fantasy's 3 and 4 night cruises next June, thinking of doing a B2B or even a 3B. The three days cruises? Nassau, Nassau, At Sea. Can you imagine anything worse than two days in a row in Nassau? Change it up, change it up.

I totally agree. We need new ports out of Galveston and New Orleans. They could certainly do the 5 night to Costa Maya/Cozumel, not so sure about G. Cayman. I would love if Carnival got rid of Freeport, Progreso, and Belize on their Galveston/New Orleans itinerary. Here are some itineraries that could work.

Day 3: Key West- 9AM - 5PM

Day 4: Nassau- 12PM - 8PM

Day 5: Half Moon Cay- 8AM - 5PM

Day 6: Sea Day

Day 3: Sea Day

Day 4: Roatan- 8AM - 6PM

Day 5: Costa Maya- 8AM - 5PM

Day 6: Cozumel- 8AM - 5PM

Day 1: New Orleans/Galveston

Day 3: Costa Maya- 1PM - 9PM

Day 4: Cozumel- 8AM - 5PM

Day 5: Sea Day

Day 6: New Orleans/Galveston

Wish there was a Like Button for this one.

Costa Maya is such an under utilized port. We love the laid back atmosphere of Mahahual. This is one of our favorite ports.

Come on Carnival...add Costa Maya to the Galveston rotation.

It could be worse guys! I live in Cozumel, fly tothe states and then my first port is COZUMEL. Good thing is I can hit the states and do a bunch of shopping and when I get to Cozumel I run everything to my house. No over extra weight on the plane. On the other side, I am sick, sick, sick, of Nassau.

It could be worse guys! I live in Cozumel, fly tothe states and then my first port is COZUMEL. Good thing is I can hit the states and do a bunch of shopping and when I get to Cozumel I run everything to my house. No over extra weight on the plane. On the other side, I am sick, sick, sick, of Nassau.

Lucky you! Yeah I can't imagine being more sick of any place than Nassau unless it's Port Canaveral. NCL and Carnival ships leaving from the northeast and mid Atlantic have a love affair with PC, Nassau and Freeport. I don't even get off the ship in Nassau any more. OTOH I would love to go to St. Thomas, San Juan, St. Maarten.

I was looking at Fantasy's 3 and 4 night cruises next June, thinking of doing a B2B or even a 3B. The three days cruises? Nassau, Nassau, At Sea. Can you imagine anything worse than two days in a row in Nassau? Change it up, change it up.

Three days in a row in Nassau would be much worse than, or is it then, two days. :-D

Lucky you! Yeah I can't imagine being more sick of any place than Nassau unless it's Port Canaveral. NCL and Carnival ships leaving from the northeast and mid Atlantic have a love affair with PC, Nassau and Freeport. I don't even get off the ship in Nassau any more. OTOH I would love to go to St. Thomas, San Juan, St. Maarten.

You can thank Mickey Mouse for the love of PC!! And with the stop in PC, Nassau and Freeport are the only other places close enough to stop at.

Seems like a rule that every western itinerary MUST stop in Cozumel. Its a conspiracy. I love Cozumel but mix it up from time to time.

Holland American did/does (not sure) a cruise from Tampa that went to Key West, Trujillo (Honduras), Belize City, and Costa Maya.