Gift cards

gremlinbangles

Can one $500 gift card be purchased in each couples name.

So, can husband purchase one and wife purchase another if each has own Princess account? :rolleyes:

Says one per person not household. So I would think if you have different accounts and emails it would work.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We saw the promo & wondered how it works; but since the cards expire Sept 30 & we set sail Oct 1 it's not gonna do us any good.

In advance of the trip you can call Princess and order OBC. Use the promo credit cards to pay for it when you order.

Today is the last day for the extra $25 gift card.

We purchased ours last night.

We have the digital card and number. With it came instructions for adding it to our OBC on the cruise personalizer.

I am on the payment screen of our Oct cruise but can not find where to add it. Will I need to call Princess by phone??

Could I use this on a cruise that is booked via a TA? My outstanding payments have to be made to the TA.

Yes. Here's the question and answer located on the Princess Gift Card promotion FAQs:

Q: Can I redeem a Princess Cruises Gift Card as payment toward an existing booking or for onboard products and services?

A: Yes, the Princess Cruises Gift Card is flexible to use. Gift Cards may be redeemed via Cruise Personalizer for cruise bookings that were made by calling 1-800-PRINCESS or directly on Princess.com, or through your travel consultant for bookings made by your travel consultant.

The Princess Cruises Gift Card may also be applied toward the guest's onboard folio account once the cardholder embarks a Princess Cruise line ship for their cruise vacation experience. To apply a Princess Cruises Gift Card to your folio, you must present your Gift Card to the Passenger Services Desk onboard your cruise.

DH and I just purchased 2 gift certificates (one for each of us) for our upcoming cruise in October and received two $25 promo cards. Since the $25 promo cards expire before our cruise begins, I'll ask our TA to use the $25 certificates as OBC for us.

Edited by I object 2

This will be interesting. I forgot about this until late last night. I tried to purchase a $500 card via my phone and no matter what I did it kept telling me it could not verify my credit card. After several attempts it told me I had reached my maximum tries and to contact my bank (there's nothing wrong with my card/account). So, I checked my credit card account and I now have three pending charges for $500 each indicating that each try I made was in fact going through. I have no email from Princess for any gift card(s).

Awesome.

I called Princess. They had a system issue last night. I need to contact my credit card company and have them reverse the three bogus charges. Princess will call me back with an opportunity to repurchase the gift card (even though the offer date has expired).

UPDATE: Credit card company told me the charges have already been cancelled by Princess and will drop off my account shortly. So at least it seems Princess' system issue didn't leave invalid charges on my account.

Edited by Nezmo

I called Princess. They had a system issue last night. I need to contact my credit cared company and have them reverse the three bogus charges. Princess will call me back with an opportunity to repurchase the gift card (even though the offer date has expired).

That's good and very nice if Princess to offer.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I ordered the plastic cards as opposed to the digital card. I haven't received them yet but I did receive an email from Princess with a link that let me print out the $25 bonus card as it was only offered as a digital card. I'll just take the printout with me when I board next September and take it to the customer service desk to have it added to my folio. The $25 bonus card has an expiration date of 9/30/2015 but we sail before that so there shouldn't be a problem. (The regular cards don't have an expiration date.)