Cruise Documents--how far out should you receive?

rayison

It depends on the cruiseline and whether or not you booked cruise air or not. My 1st 2 cruises I received my docs about 30 days out. My last cruise there was a major mixup with my reservation and I didn't receive the docs until the night before I cruises. From what I've generally seen generally about 3 to 4 weeks before the cruise is when people get them. If you haven't received them within another week, I would call your TA, if you booked through one, or the cruise line to find out where your docs are.

As was mentioned it all depends on the cruise lines. My last cruise which was Celebrity was 2 weeks out. I normally cruise Princess and I have had them 30 days out. So it just depend on the cruise line. Have a great cruise.

Marilyn

I just got an email confirmation for our November cruise, they stated the cruise docs would be sent out 21 days prior to the cruise.

Even if you don't have the docs, don't worry. Check your confirmation online with the cruise line you're taking. If everything is in order, you won't really need the docs to board (worst case scenario because I love the docs!). You will be on the manifest and they will provide luggage tags at the port (if you don't get your docs). Make sure you register online (if you can) at least two weeks prior to your cruise, some cruise lines allow you to go as far as setting up your onboard expense account now. Pre-registration speeds up the boarding process.

Have a great cruise!

• 2 weeks later...

If you don't get them within 2 weeks prior to departure, call your travel agent. Happened to me this past summer, and I was reserved on a Mediterranean cruise. My travel agent said, "Hmmm, I'll make a note of it and have them sent out right away." Next day, by Fed Ex overnight, I had my docs. I'm in Calif, my online T.A. is in Florida. Not bad.

Archived