Upgrade Question

mbalmr71

Sailing on the Triumph on July 13, I originally booked a deck 7 balcony near aft. I booked online and paid in full. I have been getting a mild itch to book a suite but I have never initiated an upgrade after booking and final payment.

Has anyone ever done this or can give me any insight on how to make it happen?

It's easy. Just give carnival a call and let them know what upgrade you want or the room number, if you know it. We just did this. You will have to pay the difference at that time.

And you probably won't get any special deal for doing this. Do a mock booking to see what's available & what the current price is for what you want to upgrade to.

I just upgraded from a 4J Interior with Obstructed View to a 6k Scenic Grand Ocean View after I made final payment. I also switched this month from Conquest to Sunshine. No problems with either. I had to pay a $50/pp change fee for the switch to Sunshine then and there, even though final payment wasn't due. They applied our deposit directly to the new booking. Subsequently, when I switched rooms to upgrade, I paid the difference then and there also.