Cozumelcruiseexcursions

elainmir

So we finally bit the bullet and did the Cozumel cruise excursions private jeep tour...it has many many great reviews...we'll see how this turns out. If you've used them how did you like them? Thanks in advance...

**websiteauthor** Nice video - enjoyed viewing it. We were planning on booking the jeep excursion, but after reading the email you posted about the unscrupulous employee, we're kinda hesitant. Did you feel safe? We are 3 females (mother, daughter, and aunt) cruising to celebrate my niece's 21st birthday. Thanks

**websiteauthor** Nice video - enjoyed viewing it. We were planning on booking the jeep excursion, but after reading the email you posted about the unscrupulous employee, we're kinda hesitant. Did you feel safe? We are 3 females (mother, daughter, and aunt) cruising to celebrate my niece's 21st birthday. Thanks

We felt very safe. They sent us good instructions as far as where to meet. They included a photo of the person we were supposed to meet. She introduced us to the guide - Carlos - who was as friendly and helpful as you can imagine.

Part way through the excursion I put my tripod into the back of a jeep other than ours - they looked the same but I stuck it in the wrong jeep. When we got back to town my tripod was waiting there for me. Very honest of them.

They had a bad employee and are really trying to communicate and compensate for that, I think. I felt totally safe with them.

One thing you might do is at the start of the excursion, get a group picture of you with your driver by the jeep. Then mention in passing that you're sending this picture to family to show off what you're doing. Nothing keeps people honest like knowing they're getting their picture taken!

We don't do our tour with them until this Saturday but I did email them and ask if they'd gotten my email in regard to what I wanted and that I hoped for a response from them before I cruised. They responded and gave awesome directions. we'll see how it goes.

**elainmir** We are also going on the 4-night Paradise cruise. We've booked this tour but are confused on tour times. We originally asked for a 10am meeting time thinking the ship arrived at 9, but we didn't know if that was 9am local time. Was ship's time and local time the same? If not, we will have to email to change our tour time. When did your tour start and how long did it last? Any suggestions or recommendations for things we should definitely see or do? Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Just curious; is this with cozumelcruiseexcursions .net?

I've read mixed reviews about them; that the actual excursion seems to be fantastic but having any communication with them is next to impossible prior to the date of the excursion. I want to book with them but I'm concerned about the reviews regarding their lack of communication; any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...

I'm also looking into booking with them, or shoreexcursioneer .com

The private jeep tour sounds so much better than any of the other excursions I've seen. Just a little leery of the communication issues that I've read about.

• 1 month later...

Just back from Cozumel last week. We booked an ATV excursion through CozumelCruiseExcursions.com. Booking was very easy & communication was great.

1. Filled out reservation request online

2. Received email reply w/in a few minutes that our date & time was available and link to make deposit

3. Accessed link & paid deposit, another email confirmation w/ in minutes saying it was being processed

4. 12 hours later received email w/ final confirmation and instructions on meeting time & location and travel instructions

Excursion was amazing!! Everything we expected, no surprises. Very happy with this company.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I've been lax about my responses...we did our tour with Johnny "Bravo" at cozumelcruiseexcursions and it was phenomenal. As a matter of fact I came back to this thread tonight to get the company name again as we are headed back on the same trip Jan. 28th if all works out and want to do an excursion with Johnny Bravo again...such an awesome kid. Times are local times when they picked us up. I can't say enough about our jeep tour we used them for...it was great..everyone else was crammed in jeeps and tour vehicles and we had a jeep to ourselves and our own guide...AMAZING..privacy alone was worth it.:D

• 2 months later...
Sorry I've been lax about my responses...we did our tour with Johnny "Bravo" at cozumelcruiseexcursions and it was phenomenal. As a matter of fact I came back to this thread tonight to get the company name again as we are headed back on the same trip Jan. 28th if all works out and want to do an excursion with Johnny Bravo again...such an awesome kid. Times are local times when they picked us up. I can't say enough about our jeep tour we used them for...it was great..everyone else was crammed in jeeps and tour vehicles and we had a jeep to ourselves and our own guide...AMAZING..privacy alone was worth it.:D

Did the guide ride in the back of the jeep that you were driving?

I'd love to know from those who have done this before-will they meet you at a different time other than right after the ship ports? I.e. We're scheduled to arrive there at 7 am, but we'd like to meet them at 9:30 instead of 7:30.

Thanks for any help!

It is my understanding they are different co.'s. We used .net Jan 2016. First there was major confusion on the time--I had an e-mail confirming 7 a.m.--I tried to contact them and no answer before we left for the cruise. Luckily we were on the sidewalk and someone. from another cruiseline, helped us with a phone call. They stated we weren't scheduled until 8:30. No big deal we just waited. Our tour guide, George was great, the problem we had was with the condition of the jeep, very poor, missing mirrors, gas gauge didn't work and when it started to rain about 2/3rds way thru the tour the roof leaked profusely.

Oh, yes--no reverse, had to push it out of a parking space. Believe it or not we did have a good time and again George was great, I am just stating the facts.

When I got home I had an e-mail from the owner that his wife has been in the hospital and she generally does the communications. I feel for them but that really had nothing to do with the condition of the jeep. Also, even George was a good guide he never once apologized for the leaking roof and condition of the jeep. We still tipped him, as we did not feel the condition was his fault.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but I am just stating the facts.

• 10 months later...

The tour was a disaster and we cancelled it before it even began. There is at least a half mile walk to the jeeps. When you have people in your group that can't walk fast, that is significant. I communicated with the company for a few weeks before the tour about our wants and needs. When we first arrived at the jeeps, the tour guides started to tell us what the tour was going to be. I thought based on all the e-mail traffic the guides would be prepared. It was as if I never spoke to the company. We found out we had to drive a couple of weeks out. Upon re-reading the website, there is a tiny blurb about the company will drive if we don't want to. There is no mention that you HAVE to drive out of the city, nor is there mention the jeeps are manual transmission. When we arrived after the half mile walk, there were three jeeps, two tour guides, and two drivers. The tour guides tried to pack five of us into a jeep, that wasn't going to happen. That left us with no ability to leave the city because the company couldn't drive in the city (some kind of taxi law) and we only had two drivers. When my brother spoke to the "supervisor" he was asked if we reserved an automatic transmission. We didn't know we needed to because there is no mention of that on the website. All in all, we wasted one hour of our day because it took a while to walk to the jeeps and then hassle around because of the driving situation. The jeeps themselves were not in good condition either. I was going to drive one jeep and the seat belt didn't work. Needless to say, not a good experience. We ended up getting a taxi that took us to all the places for much cheaper than the company. He was a great tour guide, stayed with us all day. Be weary when you book with this company.