fridge on Oasis

ccmg

First, let me apologize for asking this question. I'm certain it's been answered before but I can't find it. Just booked this cruise and have less than 3 weeks before we sail. I think all cabins have a fridge? We are in a Central Park View cabin.

Is it possible to have the room attendant remove all the for purchase items so it can be used for personal items?

You can ask, but many times they say they are not allowed. We empty it ourselves and put a note on the front saying where we have put the items.

Is it possible to have the room attendant remove all the for purchase items so it can be used for personal items?

They've always done it for me, but I've heard other people have been told it can't be done due to some sort of policy.

Thanks! I knew it would be a cooler size. We need it for medication that needs to be kept cool.

Then you should contact [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse] and request a medical refrigerator.

We've always empty the fridge or have the attendant do it and we notify the fridge staff that way there is one less knock on the door during the day. On our last cruise the fridge guy would still knock forgetting that we've emptied the fridge n keeps apologizing so he started giving us a free large bottle of Evian water each time he knocks by mistake...lol!

The supplied fridge will keep insulin just fine. It's a "dorm cube".

Most insulin nowadays doesn't need refridgeration once it's in use.

I would simply move the items that are in your way, leave a note where they are, and put them back at the end of the cruise.

We've never needed to use the fridge.

Edited by cb at sea

Then you should contact [noparse]special_needs@rccl.com[/noparse] and request a medical refrigerator.

We won't need that much space. Just a few inches on a shelf will be sufficient. Just needed to make sure there was something already in the room so I know that I now do not need to call special needs.

We won't need that much space. Just a few inches on a shelf will be sufficient. Just needed to make sure there was something already in the room so I know that I now do not need to call special needs.

Not a matter of space, but of temperature. The stateroom coolers usually do not get cold.