breeze or sunshine?

gay head

I am trying to decide between an eight day cruise on the sunshine or the Breeze.I have been on the Breeze and liked it.What is the sunshine like compared to the Breeze.Is there a lot of wear and tear since it is an older ship.I hear that the serenity area is much larger with a waterfall.We spend a lot of time on that deck.One thing a I liked about the Breeze is that it was new.Would the sunshine seem dated compared to the Breeze? We are a couple in our forties traveling in January..Price is about the same sunshine about 300 dollars cheaper.

I am sure you will get a wide variety of answers for this one...and I will start off by saying I have not been on the Breeze...going on her for Christmas though. I have, however, been on the Dream and the Sunshine twice. We did the Sunshine last summer and just got off her 2 wks ago. Did the 8 day eastern. We love the ship. We had 17 people...4 families in their 40's with teens and kids. I like it just as much as I liked the Dream...and have very very few complaints. You get used to the layout, it is odd the way you have to wind around to get some places, but that is nothing to ruin a vacation over! We have had an OV on deck 1 last summer and deck 2 last summer. Made the mistake of going aft on deck 2 and it was a bit noiser than we would have liked it...from the engines at docking times to the art closet (who knew there was one) across the hall...it was noisy. Will be happy to go back to mid ship on the Breeze! The Piano Bar was one of my favorites, the MDR was great, wait staff all over were courteous and hard working.

I say try something new!

The Breeze is great, as you know. The Sunshine tends to get bad reviews even though it had a recent drydock because they converted half the theater into more cabins, having the dual negative effect of making the theater smaller and the ship more crowded. But anecdotally you'll see many posters here say the Sunshine is fine.

Still, were it me the Breeze would be the no-brainer choice if the itineraries were comparable.