Question about room set up on NCL Spirit

coscab

We are thinking of booking Spirit, wondering if bed and sofa are on the same side in every BA cabin (looking at deck 9) or do some have bed on one wall and sofa on the opposite. Also, how much noise from the connecting door, the only cabins that do not have a connecting door are sold out for the date I am looking for. Thanks in advance to any Spirit experts out there that can help.:D

We are thinking of booking Spirit, wondering if bed and sofa are on the same side in every BA cabin (looking at deck 9) or do some have bed on one wall and sofa on the opposite. Also, how much noise from the connecting door, the only cabins that do not have a connecting door are sold out for the date I am looking for. Thanks in advance to any Spirit experts out there that can help.:D

We had a balcony on the Spirit in May and our sofa was next to the bed. We also had an ajoinging door and I never heard any noise from the room next to us.

I don't know about sofa side, or noise from connecting door, but I did study the deck plan before I made call NCL to book, and asked them about the room layout. I was more concerned about noise from public spaces located above or below, which I read so much about. I booked an inside mid, deck 9, on the Spirit, with cabins above and jewelry store below. Just FYI about noise.

Thanks for the replies, changed the date I was looking at and was able to get a midship balcony deck 10 without a connecting door (I think it is across from crew area) hopefully it will not be too noisy, we have not been in a midship cabin for many years, have only been booking aft facing but could not get one on the Spirit as the suites are way more than we are used to paying for a suite and there are no regular aft facing balconies.

Edited by coscab

We sailed on the Spirit back in November of 2014. The cabin had a "one sided" layout to maximize space, and was roomy enough.

However, the Spirit is NOT an NCL built ship. They acquired it through another company, so I will say that we did hear noise coming from the next door cabins...both of them...and we had no connecting doors. (One was a singer - every evening - and the other snored like a freight train!!) However, we spoke to quite a few others on our sailing who couldn't ever hear their neighbors, so perhaps it was just our noisy neighbors, or we just happened to get the one cabin on the ship they forgot to insulate...ha ha!

Having said that....I think that the Spirit was one of our favorite ships so far. I like smaller, more intimate ships, and this one fit the bill nicely. She had a great crew, and if Gio is still the cruise director, you're bound to have a great time!

Edited by jeffregpuck