Alaska Cruise Tour or B2B

We are thinking of doing a cruise in Alaska next year. Trying to decide between a cruise Tour or a B2B. Was wondering do you get your points for the land part or the tour? We have done Alaska twice but never the land tour and were thinking it might be nice. Thanks for your help.

No points allowed for the land portion of a cruise-tour .

This common across most cruise lines.

If you are referring to C&A points, they are awared for the days on the land portion of the trip. The land portion is also doubled if the cruise portion is in a JS or higher.

If you are referring to C&A points, they are awared for the days on the land portion of the trip. The land portion is also doubled if the cruise portion is in a JS or higher.

Bob is correct. You receive points for every night whether on the land portion or the cruise portion.

We did 6 nights cruise-tour and 7 night cruise in a JS and received 26 points for the trip.

I would also vote for the cruise-tour as opposed to a B2B. The B2B you will only see the port areas and will not have a chance to see the interior (Denali, Fairbanks, Anchorage, etc.) The train rides offer fabulous views in comfortable, well appointed cars with wonderful food.

We did a 7 night cruise only first and then did the 13 night cruise-tour a few years later and there is no comparison!

There is a link in my signature to my review which is very long and detailed with information about the cruise-tour and planning for Alaska. You can also check my travel blog and search for "Alaska" to read without all the comments and it is divided into ports.

Whatever you decide, Alaska is phenomenal - enjoy!