First RCI cruise!

My family was on the Oasis earlier this month. So this is my short but sweet review! The first thing I have to mention is a BIG thank you to cruise critic members! You saved me some money...always a good thing. We stayed at a Holiday Inn Express and paid $8 per person for a shuttle ride to the ship. The driver of that shuttle was so rude and pushy about paying him $75 to be picked up at the ship and taken to the airport. He kept saying that there are no taxi's at the port because of Homeland Security. I told him I doubted that because I researched this port and everyone assured me there were plenty of taxi's and it would approximately cost $15. He laughed at me and said I was wrong but I could chance it if I wanted to. I told him I would take my chances. I could not believe his demeanor and right out lies! So kudos to CC members because we had not problem getting a taxi and it cost $16.10 for 5 of us! Plus tip of course.

My family consists of me, my mom and 3 DD ages 14, 12, 9. I can not express how much we loved this ship! There was so much to do and the girls were never bored. My oldest stuck with us for one day and then went to the teen camp and we only saw her at dinner after that! I told her I would allow her to run and have fun but she HAD to meet us for dinner. After just a couple of nights I was lucky to keep her through the appetizers! She couldn't wait to get back to her friends.

The other two girls were so busy with swimming, rock climbing, ice skating, swimming, shows, swimming, eating and swimming. Only the last day they did not get to swim because the pools were so busy. We did enjoy an evening swim each night because we usually had the sports pool all to ourselves.

The entertainment was great. I usually don't pay attention to the CD but you couldn't help but notice Ricky. He was so full of energy! The two diving shows were a big hit. Since we had a balcony room overlooking the Boardwalk we watched it several nights plus rehearsals. I loved seeing Cats, if for no other reason I can now say I have seen it. My mom fell asleep and the girls seemed to be into it.

Because we had such a great time that we signed up for the Allure next summer!

If this was a Holiday Inn shuttle I would report him. I love the taxi drivers that want to take us the LONG way. Last time I asked the taxi driver if he would go my way before I got in the cab and he yes ma'am. Wonderful, here's your ten roller tip.

Glad you loved your cruise.