Purse, backback, travel wallet, or ???

DrMomof2

What kind of messenger bag do you have that fits a DSLR and lenses? I have that issue all the time which is why I go to backpack typically

I have several different ones/sizes. I have sewn Velcro into the bag, and then made foam dividers if that's what I need. I usually only take one extra lens with me on excursions, and I don't usually worry about dividers at that point. The lens has the protective cup on the mount and the cap on the glass end. I make sure that if it's one with a flap, that it buckles and doesn't Velcro on the outside (just a personal preference). My DSLR is one of the smaller ones (Nikon D60) so it doesn't have the width and weight of the larger ones.

Sounds like I'm on the same page as many others for our cruise later this month. I'll be bringing a small cross-body purse for my usual purse stuff (camera, phone, $, credit card, etc) to use both on and off the ship in ports and in Vancouver pre-cruise. I admittedly often just carry a wristlet on the ship for my camera and seapass so I will judge according to what I need at any given time.

For our longer excursions or those where I anticipate needing more stuff (like Mendenhall Glacier in Juneau, our Kenai Fjords boat ride, and our whale-watching tour in ISP), I am bringing a small-ish backpack to store extra layers of clothes in, water, snacks, etc. The backpack will also serve as my carry-on for the plane rides.

I am wondering about zip-lining as well though. I did it in Puerto Rico before and was able to keep my cross-body purse on me (with camera, etc). Wondering if anyone has any experience with the Grouse Mountain zipline in Vancouver? I'm sure I could get away with only my cross-body purse but it might be nice to take water, etc as well since we're combining it with a trip to the Capilano bridge.

These are our bags.

http://www.amazon.com/Osprey-Daylite-Backpack-Black-Size/dp/B00AOGU7M6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1436277630&sr=8-1&keywords=osprey+daypack C-pap fits in the day pack + other small items for flights then used for jackets etc on land. In Alaska I plan on using a plastic bag inside it.

http://www.amazon.com/Case-Logic-CPL-109-Camera-Backpack/dp/B009PKNMFQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1436277916&sr=1-1&keywords=cpl-109-black Wonderful bag with waterproof cover and pockets for "stuff" as well as a DSLR camera.

http://www.amazon.com/Baggallini-Special-Quest-Bagg-Black/dp/B00VGHU876/ref=sr_1_53?s=apparel&ie=UTF8&qid=1436278063&sr=1-53&keywords=baggallini+crossbody I use this under the backpack on flights and on its own if I'm not carrying jackets for day trips. I also have a travel wallet with strap that fits inside all the above and on its own if I need it onboard. Bagallini's are often available in Marshalls etc for greatly discounted prices --think mine was less than half this price.

Edited by Alaskanb