1/2 price specialty dinners on Oasis

I should have written this weeks ago, as I got off the Oasis two months ago. (May.) But I think you should know:

Immediately after we got on the ship, (about 11:30am), we happened to walk into the Promenade. We went to Guest Relations. A gentleman with a clipboard was offering the people in line in Guest Relations 1/2 price dinners at ANY specialty restaurant for that first night only. I don't know if they always do this, or for how long. Maybe until the tables are filled up with reservations? It's possible they had a low turn-out on the trip-planners. I don't know. But we jumped on it. First early bird on-board gets the worm! (I guess!)

Edited by Caribbean Allan

I assume that same 'deal' is not offered to those who pre-book the restaurants (since we've already paid). That said, I wonder if we happen upon that same offer if we can take advantage of it. Cancel the pre-booked ressie and book the discount ressie?

I assume that same 'deal' is not offered to those who pre-book the restaurants (since we've already paid). That said, I wonder if we happen upon that same offer if we can take advantage of it. Cancel the pre-booked ressie and book the discount ressie?

That's what I'd do. Just get to the restaurant early on the day you board if you are very particular about dining time.

That's what I'd do. Just get to the restaurant early on the day you board if you are very particular about dining time.

I saw someone posting earlier that they thought you had to cancel the online bookings days before you board. SO when can you actually cancel an booked reservation to make room for this offer on discounted dining the 1st night? Example: Booked Chops for Day3, but now want to dine day1 with discount. When can I cancel Day3?

I saw someone posting earlier that they thought you had to cancel the online bookings days before you board. SO when can you actually cancel an booked reservation to make room for this offer on discounted dining the 1st night? Example: Booked Chops for Day3, but now want to dine day1 with discount. When can I cancel Day3?

You have to cancel several days before the cruise if you want to use the website to cancel. However, once onboard, I believe you have to cancel 24 hours in advance, else they will charge some minimum fee.

You have to cancel several days before the cruise if you want to use the website to cancel. However, once onboard, I believe you have to cancel 24 hours in advance, else they will charge some minimum fee.

Very Good! That makes sense, thanks