Ocean Wildlife and Orca Exploration- Victoria

Kohara

I posted in your other thread also, not sure if you are asking about a tour offered by a certain cruise line, but I would be comfortable with any of the big companies operating out of Victoria. We went out with Prince of Whales last week and saw whales. Any of those companies will find you whales. The Prince of whales boat was comfortable and fast, if you want to see whales I'd say that is a good bet.

We did this last July from the Grand Princess. We've been on much better boats in Juneau, but your choices out of Victoria are limited and this one is "good enough". We did see lots of orcas, or at least saw a few orcas plenty of times. For us, it was evening, and the diminishing light made photos a challenge, but the whales were certainly visible.

Any of those companies will find you whales.

Not always, and it certainly is not 100% of the trips. If from a cruiseship- their tours, due to time (with the later arrivals) are shorter than the "regular" trips. So even less success.

The 3 southern orca pods have hundreds of miles of range. I have personally been in Victoria with them outside the range for 4 days. Already this year, I didn't go out due to them outside the regular tour length.

If a must to see, then consider adding days for tours, of the Northern and Southern Vancouver,resident pods and getting yourself on a south sailing of inside Vancouver Island, go on Juneau whale watches, and boat tours of Kenai Fjords to stack the success deck.

Not always, and it certainly is not 100% of the trips. If from a cruiseship- their tours, due to time (with the later arrivals) are shorter than the "regular" trips. So even less success.

The 3 southern orca pods have hundreds of miles of range. I have personally been in Victoria with them outside the range for 4 days. Already this year, I didn't go out due to them outside the regular tour length.

If a must to see, then consider adding days for tours, of the Northern and Southern Vancouver,resident pods and getting yourself on a south sailing of inside Vancouver Island, go on Juneau whale watches, and boat tours of Kenai Fjords to stack the success deck.

I didn't say it was 100% but I'm saying if OP is looking for a tour those are the companies to check out. If whales are around they will take you to them. No whale watch is ever 100%.

I didn't say it was 100% but I'm saying if OP is looking for a tour those are the companies to check out. If whales are around they will take you to them. No whale watch is ever 100%.

I interpreted that was what you may have been implying with your "will" mention. Sounds like you live in the area? What a benefit to be able to see them frequently. :)

Actually, Juneau is about 100% sightings of humpbacks. I can't think of any reports of no whales sighted in over 10 years. One trip around Shelter Island, is a given. :)