Just Booked Oasis

Hi Everyone,

I just booked the Oasis for June 2016 (when kids are done school). This will be our first cruise in over 15 years. Our children at the time will be 10 and 9. I just started reading these posts and to say I am overwhelmed is an understatement! Since I have a year to learn about this ship are there any very important details I should be aware of? Drink packages, activities for kids, dining options, excursions (doing Western Caribbean).

Thanks

There are many reviews of Oasis here on CC. Many of them discuss ports and excursions. With almost a year to prepare you should be good to go by next June.

Edited by Royal2464

You will love her! Don't stress to much about booking stuff in advance. We did March (Spring Break) and decided to not pre-book anything except the cabana on Labadee (highly recommended) and the Prohibition Party (also recommended).

We did pre-book the comedy show, but didn't go. So I can't speak to that one, even though everybody says to book in advance as it sells out.

We never pre-booked any specialty restaurants and were always able to get a table. Sabor is causal and very good. Didn't go at peak times and never had a problem just walking in.

The ultimate splurge would be to do the Chef's Table one night for dinner. They say there is an age restriction but we saw and had a child below the age limit. If the person doesn't/can't drink then other guests (me) can take their wine pairing glass. Alternative is to let the kids do their own thing and enjoy an adult dinner.

Edited by jamesr3939

I was the same. Haven't cruised in about 13 years, finished raising toddlers and now they are teens/tweens. Ready for vacation. I booked Oasis for March 2016. Take time to read through the forum, use the search feature above to look up key words (i.e. drink package, what to wear, my time dining...) and you will learn as you go. The RCI website has some info, but I find navigating their website to be somewhat difficult. There are links to what is included in a drink package and links to menus as well. Take your time sifting through here and you'll get it as you go. Ask questions. I only jumped on this forum after booking Oasis in March. I came back from spring break in Cayman Islands and booked the night I came home. I needed to know that I have another vacation lined up. Buyer beware: Sitting on these forums too much may make you inclined to start lining up second and 3rd cruises as well. I just did. Gulp. :p