first solo cruise 18th October NCL

Tippysocks

I am going on the 7 day iberian peninsula cruise. This will be my second cruise but my first solo. I went on a cruise last august with my sister. That was ok apart from me, I work shifts and when I am not at work I wake at about 4 in the morning so not to wake my sister I had to get up and out and use my ipad. This wasn't a problem but this time if I wake I can stay in bed. Anyone any experience on ncl EPIC?

Hi. I'm on the same same cruise as you, also my first solo cruise. Never done NCL, I'm normally P&O so expecting a totally different experience. Funnily enough my other cruises have been with sister and a friend. Are u in one of the studio

Cabins?

You will have a great time. :)

If you want company there plenty of other singles/solo's for you to dine with etc. If however you prefer you own space it's very easy to do that too.

That's what I like about NCL, you are free to please yourself with no one passing judgement. I sailed on Epic twice last year, once solo and once with friends. Enjoyed both equally.

Enjoy!

Hi. I'm on the same same cruise as you, also my first solo cruise. Never done NCL, I'm normally P&O so expecting a totally different experience. Funnily enough my other cruises have been with sister and a friend. Are u in one of the studio

Cabins?

Yes I am in a studio cabin just got to organize the pet sitters for the cats and the chickens then I am all set to enjoy this.

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to note that in my cabin I found a sweet spot on the counter for best WIFI handling.

Check your signal strength and don't be surprised if some parts of your room the WIFI does not work as well, remember that the walls are metal and this will affect the signal.

Also the plans they offered at the start of the cruise were not that good (either too little time and expensive or far more time than I needed so I knew I would end up wasting money). Check at the internet cafe to see if there are any extra plans available that meet your needs better.

I only found out about the other plans half way thru the cruise!

[EXTRA EDIT]

Just found http://www.ncl.com/about/staying-connected-sea-internet-access

The 60 minute is the plan I would have like, I notice it is shorter cruises. Maybe they added it once enough days have passed. I would had like to have that from the start of the cruise, that would had been perfect for me.

Edited by Earl Colby Pottinger

I am going on the 7 day iberian peninsula cruise. This will be my second cruise but my first solo. I went on a cruise last august with my sister. That was ok apart from me, I work shifts and when I am not at work I wake at about 4 in the morning so not to wake my sister I had to get up and out and use my ipad. This wasn't a problem but this time if I wake I can stay in bed. Anyone any experience on ncl EPIC?

I sailed a different itinerary, but that same week on the Epic last October. It's terrific! My review is my signature so be sure to check that out and let me know if you have any questions!