Strange Sunshine deck plan, which is correct?

CammieO

I hope someone can help me. I just saw a deck plan that looks fairly different than the official Carnival one. The difference I found is on deck 11. Can anyone tell me which is more accurate? The Carnival one is the first photo and the strange one is the second photo. Thank you!

image.jpg.3e62a5b853d9c1a9a6a2fe6e79892e36.jpg

The first one that you attached is more accurate. It has the staircase that is next to the two elevators.

We were on deck 12 once, and the wait for one of the two elevators took time. Our next cruise we booked deck 10, and were near the elevator bank with now wait.

Thank you both for your replies! What I'm most interested in are the interior staterooms, particularly the ones that are different between the two photos. Has anyone stayed in that area (especially in 11002, 11000, or 11003)? If you look in the strange photo there is a staircase behind these rooms (or really it's in front of them since this is the forward part of the ship). On Carnival's official deck plan for deck 10 they show a staircase in the gym but do not show where it goes on deck 11 (it's not on deck 9 either), but the strange deck plan has it so it makes me wonder if they aren't correct at least about that. Attached is a picture of Carnival's official deck plan for 10 in the Gym area so you can see the staircase and the official deck plan for 11 is next to it in the photo so you can see how the staircase is missing.

image.jpg.54fe7c6dc53e019552279dd05ea4277f.jpg

The first one is correct. I was thinking maybe the second one was before the Sunshine was refurbished and was the Destiny but that isn't it.

I though that too at first but then I remembered that 11 is new to the ship. I wish that was the explanation.

goccl, carnivals website for travel agents, describes cabins 11001, 11002. and 11003 as Category 4S (interior spa cabins) and states that they have no window. So these cabins do exist, evidently. And they are not the obstructed view interior cabins found across the front of some decks on some ships. They are just interior cabins.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/Sunshine/sunshine.ashx

goccl, carnivals website for travel agents, describes cabins 11001, 11002. and 11003 as Category 4S (interior spa cabins) and states that they have no window. So these cabins do exist, evidently. And they are not the obstructed view interior cabins found across the front of some decks on some ships. They are just interior cabins.

https://www.goccl.com/~/media/Files/Irman/bookccl/the_fleet/Sunshine/sunshine.ashx

Thanks for the link! In the official deck plan they have those rooms also but they are in a different configuration in both pictures. In the strange one there is a room 11000 but on the official one there isn't. So weird.