Back from Enchantment (11 September)

In addition, there are always alternative selections, including vegetarian and fish...

Enjoy.

and the fish selections were varied and tasted fresh -- salmon, stuffed flounder, mahi-mahi tempura...

I also enjoyed several tofu dishes as well (in Windjammer)...and there is always pasta,

after sailing the new england coast cruise with rccl on the enchantment of the seas i would not sail rccl again,during full day of cruise they shut the promenade deck down in sections for more than five hours while they cleaned it. i watched deck hands sanding railings a deck up over people while they were eating, they always seemed to be washing the windjammer floor during breakfast,we had 2 slip and falls one removed in an ambulance.one broken wrist, a twisted ankle, and a split eyebrow. during at sea layovers the captain was in a rush to get to them and then in a rush to stop reversing the props to stop the ship and caused multiple accidents including an air lift removal. port of calls were not announced every morning, one time tenders were ticket called and the next time was a free for all call with people backed up five decks to get off and missing theire excusrsions. the ship vibrated badly and the employees where complaining about it saying the ship wasn't right since it was stretched. at least one elevator was always stuck,the swimming pool in the solarium was constantly broken, so the said, but was open all day and closed at night leaving the outdoor pool open. first trip out a tender broke down leaving only three, and it took a tender driver nine times to try to dock for a return pickup, didnt know enough to dock against the tide not with it, did i feel safe with him in 1 TO 3 ft. seas? and i could go on and on. the staff was great can't say enough about them, food fair, ships appearence 7 out of 10. dailys activites werent always in the daily compass nor publicy announced, only about fifty people showed up for the first midnight buffet.we just happend to be walking around and came across it, people were saying they didn't hear about it. we did have a good time visiting everywhere,with good people on board. but very dissapointed.

I am a vegetarian and was on the Enchantment last week. Each night the menu will have notations next to the selections that are vegetarian (V). There are usually one or two appetizers, salads, and one entree each evening that is vegetarian. You will most likely also have the option of a pasta w/ marinara, etc. for an entree. You can also ask your waiter to bring you any of the other entrees without meat.

For lunch the windjammer always has vegetarian selections or you can go with my favorite lunch option - a grilled veggie burger with fries from the grill in the Solarium. :)

for the great review. We will be in the same suite in December and was wondering if the decor in the older suites was updated. Looks a bit worn on the pics at the RCCL site.

Thanks a million

Our suite did not have new furniture or cabinetry, but was clean and comfortable. The Royal Family suites are not as plush as other suites (no marble, but a nice tiled bathroom with a tub in the master bedroom; smaller bath with shower for the second bedroom; shower curtains for both...). The real highlight of the Aft RFS on the Enchantment is the HUGE balcony, that wraps around a bit to the side. There is a covered area in front of the master bedroom that is so deep it is almost like another room, and is quite private as well. Also, we loved floor-to-ceiling glass that stretches across the back wall of the cabin -- much more open and bright than we expected. The view is stunning! You will enjoy the concierge lounge as well -- and all the perks that go along with it. It was a treat to check my e-mail in the early evening while enjoying a glass of wine and some chocolate covered strawberries. I hope you enjoy cabin 8666 as much as we did!

We'll be on Enchantment in December and was wondering about soft drinks. The last cruise we were on was Disney, and they had a drink station by the pool with pop, etc. that was free. Do you have to pay for ALL drinks on the Enchantment, or do they have something similar to Disney?
FREE: lemonade, iced tea, water, and coffee (all day long), and juice (in the am only, I think). If your kids drink pop, it may be worth purchasing soda stickers for their sea pass cards.

My mom and I just got back from Enchantment as well. It was our first cruise, and we loved it!

You do have to pay for the Ben and Jerry's. We got a scoop and it's around $3. It was a little expensive for how small it was, but it was good! :)

As far the free drinks go, I refused to pay for pop, so I usually ended up with Lemonade. I also asked for milk pretty much every night after dinner with my dessert in the Windjammer or with my cookie after lunch. :) They thought I was a little weird, but they didn't seem to mind too much. I'm sure they would bring you orange or apple juice too even if it's not breakfast time. They also have packs of hot chocolate which I enjoyed very much.

Well, I hope you all have a good time! I'm ready to go on another cruise!

after sailing the new england coast cruise with rccl on the enchantment of the seas i would not sail rccl again,....... dailys activites werent always in the daily compass nor publicy announced, only about fifty people showed up for the first midnight buffet.we just happend to be walking around and came across it, people were saying they didn't hear about it. we did have a good time visiting everywhere,with good people on board. but very dissapointed.

We were on this sailing with you. Which midnight buffet was not listed in the Compass?

Day 3 - Windjammer Marketplace (11:30 PM - 12:30 AM) per the Compass

Day 6 - My Fair Lady dining room (11:30 PM - 1:30 AM) per the Compass

The other nights, roving waiters with snack trays including the quickly-disappearing chocolate covered strawberries.

I always keep all the Compasses for DW scrapbooks.

I also saw one of the slips where a woman wearing 3-4 inch heels (!!!!!!) fell going from inside to outside, stepping over the bulkhead ridge on the deck. Little common sense on a moving ship goes a long way ..........

As a night owl I saw the solarium pool open every night except for the last day and night, could not find out why it was roped off.

Did you ever visit St. Maarten BEFORE they put the pier in and we had to tender in? I remember once it was like a Survivor contest with the ship and tender bobbing 6-8 feet up and down. That was rough. When the water is rough, better he takes a number of passes and backs off if the waves push him off course. Reality check time. ;)

David

I know there were very few teens on the Enchantment OTS for the 9/11 New England cruise. My wife said we rode with a very pleasant teenage girl in shuttle to the airport...was that your daughter? If so, I guess we were on the same shuttle...

LL

We probably were!:D If so, my daughter really enjoyed chatting with your wife (they shared cat stories, I think). Hard to believe we have been home for nearly a week already, isn't it?

• 9 months later...

Whale-Watcher.... Is there any chance that you might have some pictures of this room??? We are booking it tonight for our upcoming cruise, well swapping romm that is. Any help would be great!!! Thanks.

Archived