anxiously waiting review of CP

mary07054

Seating for Movies Under the Stars is done strictly by reservation. Press "CONCIERGE SERVICE" on your phone and they handle it.

Food was okay. I'm never overly impressed with the variety of food each evening on Princess. Not that it's bad, I just don't have the "too many choices, how will I make up my mind dilemma". I can recommed that you stay away from the Zander and Swordfish--neither were a big hit. The "Tiger Prawns" were nothing but medium shrimp (at best). Rack of lamb was wonderful as was the prime rib. They had a souffle almost every night that were quite good. They DIDN'T have a chocolate dessert every night--and for the first two nights they "couldn't find" the pillow chocolates!!! The third night there was a handfull on the pillows, it was funny!

Yes, I met Spongerob and his wife--they are on the Golden right now, lucky them!

Next question?

icon_smile.gif

Cruzingirl,

Thanks for posting. My daughter and I have been watching this site all day!

Were there any problems getting chairs at the pools? What movies were showing? Are the rooms spacious? We have a balcony on Caribe. I read somewhere that you could get massages at Princess Cays. Is that true?

Thanks so much. icon_smile.gif

http://cruiseclues.com/message_boards.htm

Okay, if you go to this site and go down about 4, it lists the site with a link. Then go to Off Topic. Sorry, don't want to get booted off CC! icon_biggrin.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Cruzingirl,

Thank goodness you posted.

I will be on the CP on May 1st, do you recall the name of the Maitre'd and any of the room captains?

Thank you.

Bruce

Crown 1991 Eastern Caribbean

Dreamward 1994 Bermuda

Sun 1997 Western Caribbean

Grand 1999 Mediterranean

Dawn 2000 Southern Caribbean

Ocean 2001 Mexican Riviera

Crown 2001 Hawaii/Tahiti

Dawn 2002 Eastern Caribbean

Conquest 2003 W. Caribbean

Dawn 2003 Transit Panama Canal

I didn't have any problem getting a deck chair--there are plenty of decks and a vairety of pools.

The sound system is LOUD, but the movies are only shown at certain times. (Usually 7:30 pm and 10:30 pm) Still time for quiet deck walking--and the late show wasn't every night.

The first night no reservations were needed for Tina Turner in Concert. They showed "Something's Gotta Give" several nights. On Monday night they showed the NCAA final Four on the big screen--way cool! An evening showing (6:30) of Finding Nemo was a big hit with the kids--and yes--there were many kids on board. They got louder and louder as the week went on. Unfortunately they were not 'policed' I witnessed several passengers telling children to slow down, stop running, keep your voices down--with no parents in site. I was surprised that Princess didn't appear to have control over this situation.

I didn't go to either specialty dining room. I've done Sabatini's in the past and while I liked the experience, I don't see a need to pay and additional $20 for dinner. Menus are available in your stateroom guide book and are posted outside the restaurants. Sterling isn't very private--- it reminded me of outdoor street seating. There is a hallway that runs past, and only a half wall as a barrier. Personally I'd much rather have a view of the ocean (or a painted wall) than a parade of gawking passengers!

Cafe Caribe had sightly different food than Horizion Court throughout the day (they had sushi Friday for lunch!!!) In the evening it was set up as a bistro--linen covered tables. I'm not sure if it was table service or buffet.

I was not aware of any Bob Marley related problems--anyone have details--I can't locate the post. There were at least 6 possibly 7 ships in port that day. Lots of people, lots of alcohol. . .

Cruizingirl,

Were the hot tubs jammed full all week? How late did they stay open? Was there a band by the pool in the afternoon at sea days?

Vette

NCL Norway

Carnival Holiday

NCL Sun

NCL Sea

NCL Wind

Carnival Celebration

RCI Splendour of the Seas

Carnival Pride 1/04

Caribbean Princess 2/05

Archived