anxiously waiting review of CP

mary07054

Hi Zermolly. No. Not unless I have a sick Grandchild. LOL. I have it on all the time, and do all my work around it,It is my relaxation. I am really very busy, and moving all the time in between posts. we have kind of a crazy house here. Hubby and I retired to Florida. Not. My son and his family moved down with us with the intention of getting their own place. Not. Son and wife were having problems, one reason we encouraged them to come, and sure enough, his wife left after 6 mos. So, son works alot, and I have the little guys. 5 & 8 now. 6 mos & 3 when we got here. Also, I have my mom, 93, and a mentally handicapped daughter, 42, as well. And then there is Hubby.LOL. So this and cruising is my passion. Sorry. You probably didnt want to hear all that. I get up at 7, and finally really get to sit at 9. But I wouldn't change anything. I am blessed.

Sue

7 days on Star Princess
October 24, 2004

Wow Sue, you really do have your hands full!

Thanks for sharing

Happy Cruising

Chris

[url="http://www.LifeIsCruising.com"]www.LifeIsCruising.com[/url]

Next up:
Caribbean Princess 06/26/04
Star Princess 10/24/04
Carnival Victory 12/19/04
Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

I agree with Zurmolly!

[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;9;4;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500[/img]
Until we sail on Caribbean Princess!!!

Caribbean Princess 9/04 (Labor Day Cruise)
Grand Princess 10/03 (Halloween Cruise)

I truly believe that I have gone through labor and delivered a child faster than someone posting about their Caribbean Princess cruise!!

When I think about the pregnantcy wasn't this long! icon_eek.gif

Where are you????

Carol and John

Caribbean Princess

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;22;17;0;00&timezone=GMT-0500

NORDIC PRINCE 2/1994

RYNDAM 1/97

ENCHANTMENT 1/98

VEENDAM 6/98

SEA PRINCESS 3/99

RHAPSODY 1/2000

GRAND PRINCESS 11/00

VOYAGER 11/00

LEGEND 3/02

CARIBBEAN PRINCESS 5/04

Ok everyone, I have it figured out why no-one has been able to tell us about their cruise on the CP. They are still on a "natural high" and won't come down till tomorrow. At least I hope so! icon_smile.gif

Sue, I stand in awe of you. You better get something really good for Mother's Day.

Jeanne-Marie

Caribbean Princess 10/16/2004

Triumph 4/26/2003

Triumph 4/13/2002

Sensation 96-01

Destiny 97

Costa Victoria 99

Horizon 95

Noordam 89

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=9400d3&cdt=2004;10;16;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

trportholem_e0.gif

Hey Everyone,

This is making me crazy.....waiting....and waiting.... Go do some work....well maybe, just maybe...someone has posted and I WILL MISS IT!!!! Not....go away...come back...go away... you get the picture....and I'M BACK and thought well I might as well post. Have a Happy Easter with your families... I too am blessed, Until.....they post.....

Your Canadian Friends

(Captain Hook was not sailing the seven seas and did not interfere with the ships arrival icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

I can't help but have a mental picture of a bunch of just-off-the-CP-cruisers all sitting back and having a good ole' laugh over us! icon_biggrin.gif A little bit of torture never did anyone any harm, huh?

Well, I dusted, vacuumed, did my dishes, grew out my hair, got my PhD and learned ten new languages whilst waiting! icon_wink.gif

JJ

Caribbean Princess 5/1/04

Star Princess 5/24/03

Sun Princess 6/12/00

Carnival Fantasy 1/18/98

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by zurmolly:

Oh, give me something to read late..Like, when is everyone sailing?

We are a family of three (one 16 year old)..sailing next Feb! By then, I will know everything before I go. icon_cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure? icon_biggrin.gif

I'm sailing on May the 1st.... three weeks from today! Hooray!

JJ

Caribbean Princess 5/1/04

Star Princess 5/24/03

Sun Princess 6/12/00

Carnival Fantasy 1/18/98

Sorry guys. Didn't mean to "bare my soul". Lol Not lookin for nothing. I believe everything happens for a reason, and we have to be ready for it. If we aren't the options really suck. I had choices and I made them. No regrets. I truly am blessed.

Sue

7 days on Star Princess

October 24, 2004

I found a tad bit more reported on another site, but CC won't allow me to post the link! In a nutshell, it said that some rowdy,younger cruisers were put ashore in Cozumel for trying to bring Bob Marley on the CP. icon_wink.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

What do you want to know?

I've never written a review-- don't know where to start. Ask some questions, and I'll do my best. The ship is beautiful, cruise was wonderful. There were a number of Cruise Critic members onboard. We met for sail-away and several more times during the week. It was fun to put faces to (screen) names!

I've sailed on the Grand and Golden, the CP has much the same feel. I know there was some speculation about Dolphin deck balconies--they are fully exposed--lots of sun for me!

I did traditional late seating, heard some people complaining the PC was very crowded and they had to wait. Not much different in my opinion than making a 'personal choice' to go to a restaurant and waiting to be seated. Those who wanted a particular time, simply called ahead for reservations. Horizion Court, Caribe Cafe, Sabatini's, Sterling Steakhouse, and room service were also available--no problem finding food, unless you wanted to complain!

Internet cafe service was very spotty. All computers appeared to be working, but some would get hung up--many unhappy (non-Platinum/Elite) cruisers getting charged to watch a blank white screen. Hopefully that will improve.

Movies Under the Stars was impressive. They sure had the sound cranked up! "Blankies' were provided on each of the cushy lounge chairs--sure does get chilly on deck at night.

What else do you want to know?

Did you meet SpongeRob and his wife? icon_biggrin.gif

Did you have to fight for seats for watching the movies under the stars?

How was the food?

Details, please! icon_biggrin.gif

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

How far away could you hear the sound from the movies by the pool? How late did the movies play?

We like to walk on deck at night with only the sound of the ship moving through the ocean. I'm concerned that this will affect our enjoyment of our cruise. I can watch movies ANY day of the week at home but I can only take a relaxing cruise every now and then.

One more... how was the food at the Caribe Cafe?

Thanks for your replies.

Jason Pancake

Grand Princess - 03/11/2001 (<A HREF=http://www.houseofpancake.com/pictures.php?id=14>Pictures</A>)

Caribbean Princess 11/20/2004

Cruizingirl,

Welcome back!

Do we have questions!!!!

Just how "cranked up" was the sound from the movies? Could it be heard in other areas on deck? This is a concern of mine.

Did you get to try the Sterling Steakhouse? Price and menu?

How was the Caribbean style dining?

Thanks so much for answering our questions. Inquiring minds can't wait to hear!!!!

Happy sailing,

Mary Jo

hstrybuf did try to post the link. It appeared for a second, but wouldn't allow you to be directed to the web site... Then hstrybuf's post disappeared...

I'm confused...I thought that was the "ok" thing to do...???

Mark

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=008000&cdt=2004;9;4;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail on Caribbean Princess!!!

Caribbean Princess 9/04 (Labor Day Cruise)

Grand Princess 10/03 (Halloween Cruise)

Mary, I did try to post the link, but it came out like this. I think it has something to do with posting a link to another cruise website?

http://********************/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=5994

bookworm2.gif

Navigator OTS 10/04

Legend 04/04

Grand Princess 09/03

Dawn Princess 01/03

Enchantment OTS 10/02

Destiny 01/02

Sensation 08/99

Archived