Coral Princess Boutique Hotel: Any Feedback?

Love2travel4

Looking to stay here for 2-3 nights in February 2016. GREAT reviews on TripAdvisor, Yelp etc. Looks like what I am looking for: clean, nice staff, budget price...and a few extras: free breakfast, close to shops/restaurants, bus stop. Although the rooms look small, I am really looking for just a spt to sleap and shower. We will take a cab into Old San Juan one day and probably the rain forest the next.

Has anyone stayed here recently and have feedback. If so, can you tell me what shops/restaurants are within walking distance>? Also taxi rates from:

airport?

OSJ pier?

OSJ?

Thank you in advance

Haven't stayed here, but booked for one night pre-cruise Oct 2. I think I've looked at hundreds of hotels on Trip Advisor over the years, and I think Coral Princess is the first where I found no negative reviews.

I'm sure I'll post a review after we stay, if you can be patient!:o

We stayed there and we're not pleased and we are not picky

Hot tub did not work, lousy breakfast. Staff was nice snd helpful, rooms were ok but nothing special. Liked HIE better. We now stay at the marriot or ka concha

Thank you for your feedback. I probably wouldn't use the hot tub. By looking at pics, it looks like something a person may have in their back yard, no biggie to us. What was lousy about the breakfast? After reading reviews I am expecting maybe some prepackaged pastries, possibly fruits. No hot dishes.

I looked at HIE and Marriot, but for the price, I can do without a hot tub or great breakfast. I always pack granola bars, protein bars as well!

• 2 months later...

I'm at Coral Princess right now, stayed last night. I was looking for a hotel a little different, and personally I'm very satisfied. Room(2 double beds) is on the small side,still bigger than a cruise cabin! Room to walk around the beds, nice TV, comfy beds. I enjoyed the breakfast: 2 types of cereal, waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cold ham & cheese, pastries. oOJ, other juices, coffee available 24 hrs. I would def stay here again _ will prob post more after thecruise.

I'm at Coral Princess right now, stayed last night. I was looking for a hotel a little different, and personally I'm very satisfied. Room(2 double beds) is on the small side,still bigger than a cruise cabin! Room to walk around the beds, nice TV, comfy beds. I enjoyed the breakfast: 2 types of cereal, waffles, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cold ham & cheese, pastries. oOJ, other juices, coffee available 24 hrs. I would def stay here again _ will prob post more after thecruise.

What do you think of the location? Are there restaurants close by? Beach close by? I read about a bus stop nearby that goes to Old San Juan. Any info about that? Thanks for your review.

Though it has been a couple of years since I was last there, the friends we were with on that trip stayed here last year and said it was just as nice.

We will be staying there for 2 nights in December with our daughter's family.

If you are expecting a Holiday Inn, you may not like this. It is more like a motel. Small pool. rooms were comfortable, I thought breakfast was nice, typical Puerto Rican cold cuts and fruit and pastries. Loved the courtyard and the open air feel of the property.

Bus stop was about 1 1/2 city blocks away and beach was about 4 blocks. We were there during San Sebastian Festival so took the bus into Old San Juan, but the buses stop running around 9 pm so had to take taxi back. This would have been fine but shared a taxi with another group that were nasty, rude and drunk:mad:. But normally it is a nice ride between OSJ and the hotel.

I can't tell you the names of the places to eat, but there were quite a few within 3 to 4 blocks and one right on the corner by the hotel.

You might try looking at AIrBNB. We are going to use that service for our3 day stay in OSJ next yr. very reasonable prices and will be nice to have our own place. Lots of places available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What do you think of the location? Are there restaurants close by? Beach close by? I read about a bus stop nearby that goes to Old San Juan. Any info about that? Thanks for your review.

We walked to Oceano restaurant a block away. Nice place, on the beach, but expensive. a San Juan cruiser recommended Waikiki Oyster Bar to us; its about a ten minute walk from Coral, and is supposed to be a great place for kids (Oceano isn't a place I'd recommend personally for small kids). We walked to the beach in the AM; didn't look for bus stops but I'm pretty sure they're close by. CVS & Walgreens both around the corner. I personally loved the hotel - will post my Trip Advisor review of it in next post.

One night pre-cruise. I enjoyed this place. Its not as modern as newer hotels, but its also not a cookie-cutter design that makes you feel like you'd been there before. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in suggesting dinner places. The room (2 double beds) wasn't large, but there was enough room to move around. the bathroom was stylish. I think, judging by storage space, it might be tight if staying for more than a few days, but for a night or two pre-cruise or post cruise it was perfect. Had a large screen tv with numerous channel choices, small table with two chairs, fridge, and beverages in the fridge were $1 each (very reasonable for soda, beer). Only drawback in my mind was a lack of power outlets; there's a wall outlet but in our room it was in an inconvenient location. That certainly wouldn't stop me from staying here again. Continental breakfast: a bit different. Lots of staples (waffles you had to toast yourself, hard boiled eggs, cereals, cold ham and cheeses, pastries. Coffee & several juices available 24 hours a day. Nice pool, library. Very pleased with my choice of hotel, which was based on other's TA reviews.

I went back to our room for something during breakfast. Came back, my DW complained the waffle she ate was cold. DUH!! You were supposed to heat it in the toaster!!:rolleyes:

Anybody play the piano? Nice piano in the breakfast area that you're welcome to use, by the way.