Marva Shaw

crusinben

My family and I just got back from Mariner OTS Western Caribbean. We had a day pass in Ocho Rios at Beaches Boscobel and we booked our transportation through Marva Shaw. She is really great. She picked us up on time from the pier and gave us the lowdown on her country and the area around Ocho Rios. She picked us up at the appropriate time from the resort and then took us into Ocho Rios for shopping. Her recommendations on shopping were just what we were looking for (jewelry and souvenirs) and she waited for us to finish. She was very nice and we felt like we were in good hands. I would highly recommend her if you are looking for a competent and reliable tour guide in Ocho Rios. Thanks again Marva you made our day in Ocho Rios.

You can email her at http://www.knowjamaica.com/ or call her at 1 876 726 0361.

If you are interested in seeing the beauties of Jamaica (especially the Ochio Rios Area), I can only recommend one tour guide the will show you an experience you'll remember for the rest of your life . . . Ms. Marva Shaw.

My girlfriend Susan and I just arrived in Ochio Rios, Jamaica, aboard a Royal Caribbean cruise ship. We only had 8 hours to experience and wanted to make the most of it, without booking cliché, on board excursions that are hardly worth the money, and usually leave you wanting to experience more.

We decided to give Marva a call based upon numerous recommendations posted on Cruise Critic and other Jamaica tour sites.

Minutes from docking, we left the ship and Marva was there waiting for us. She greeted us with a warm smile and welcomed us to her beautiful country.

Marva took us to places that no cruise excursion could ever match. We went to local hang outs, experienced true Jamaican Jerk cuisine, breath-taking scenic views, tropical gardens, best places to shop, and introduced us to some of her friends. It was a cultural experience that could only happen with an experienced tour guide that cares to make a difference.

If you want to see Jamaica, especially Ochio Rios, email Marva Shaw at:

www.knowjamaica.com knowjam@yahoo.com

Marva -- thank you again for an unforgettable experience!

Your friends from New Jersey - Dom and Susan!

So, you HIGHLY reccomend Miss Shaw???? I am not sure what we want to do in Jamaica. I don't know if we want to beach it or what......

What did Miss Shaw charge? We will be a party of four.

Please tell me more about all the things you saw. Thank's !!!

Suesan:) :) :)

Hi Suesan Jean,

Ms. Shaw charged us $70 USD for the day for her services. You will not have to share her vehicle w/ anyone but your party and she will take you whereever you want. For our day in Ocho Rios we spent three hours at Beaches Boscobel and about 1 1/2 hours shopping downtown. She was very prompt with picking us up at the pier and the resort when we were ready to leave. She told us all about her country and the Ocho Rios area. We will definitely be using her again on our next Ocho Rios port call. Hope this helps. You can email her at mar_liss@yahoo.com or knowjam@yahoo.com

It sounds like you had a nice time in Ocho Rios. I have a question for you, what did "Beaches Boscobel" cost? What can/did you get there? What kind of services???

Chairs, Umbrellas, Rest Rooms, etc..... What is the beach like? Do you have any pictures??? PLEASE, tell me ALL about your day!!

Thank You!!

Suesan:) :) :)

Suesan Jean,

We had free day passes to Beaches Boscobel on our trip there, but I think they normally charge between $75 and $85. This includes all food (jerk chicken was good)and beverage facilities(bartender at pool bar makes them strong), beach area (yes they have the thatch umbrellas and chairs for use). They have 3 pools (toddler, children's with water slides, and huge main pool. The main pool is really nice. They have a swim up pool bar that unfortunately wasn't open on our day there. Activities at pool included water volleyball and water aerobics. They have a lifeguard on duty and plenty of towels for use. They also have some umbrellas at pool. Getting one wasn't a problem for us as the resort was low occupancy. For kids they have the Caribbean Adventure with Sesame Street. My son got to make cookies with Cookie Monster and spend some time with Grover, Elmo and Zoe. He had a blast. I tried uploading some pictures but my pics are too large. If you want to give me your email address I'll email the 8 or 9 pics I took. The resort is pretty but it does show its age in places. The beach area also has a water trampoline. All in all a very relaxing 3 hours even with a constantly in motion 2 year old. Hope this helps. You can check out there website here http://www.beaches.com/main/bo/bo-home.cfm

• 3 months later...

After reading many positive reviews, I have booked her for our group in a week and a half.:) She has been fantastic to work with through e-mails and responds promptly. If you have any questions just e-mail her at knowjam@yahoo.com. My family and friends are looking forward to our own private tour. Especially my parents who have been to Jamaica and had a driver named Cinderella who took them for a wild ride. I will definitely post a review when I get back.:p Only 7 more days til I leave.:D

• 2 weeks later...

:cool: Jamaica Jamaica,

well come to Jam Rock, to all visitors to our lovely island i would love to say visit us and feel free and comfortable doing it whether you're flying in or cruising in you're all welcome to our tropical paradise hassle free and stress free.

One Love.:)

As promised here is my review. Marva was waiting for us when we got off the ship at the pier. Upon getting off some in our group wanted Marva to check into some jet skiing on the beach we were headed to later in the day. She was so pleasant and professional we immediately felt at ease with her. We climbed aboard a clean, air conditioned bus and headed to the falls first. We were one of the first groups to climb the falls and boy was I glad. When we were finished the place was packed. While we hiked the falls we were able to leave all of our personal belongings in the bus where they were safe. Next they took us through and explained the history of Jamaica as we drove through fern gully which is beautiful. Then upon our request we were taken to Mahogoney beach. If you are looking for a beach to play and have fun, then go somewhere else. The cool runnings boats stopped here and it was a small beach that was crowded. Because there were so many people the water was murky and the snorkeling non-existent. I would not reccommend this beach. Some in our group tried to jet ski and once they had paid and finished orientation their was some confusion and since the 2nd cool runnings boat came in they wouldn't let them go and refunded their money. We recognized that this was not Marva's fault and had I know that my brothers wanted to jet ski I would have prearranged it. I am sure that if we had prebooked this that we would not have had a problem. After the beach she took us shopping. Again we were able to leave our belongings in the bus which was nice not to have to lug them around. WE ALL LOVED Jamaica and would love to come back. The key is having a great guide like Marva. You can contact her at knowjamaica.com. Feel free to ask questions, I will post for about a week and then I have to go back to taking care of my four children.:p

• 2 weeks later...

Archived