Getting on and off ship

april1187

First time cruiser questions-

Cruising on the Fascination Oct 19 with the first stop in Nassau. Wondering how long it usually takes to get everyone off the ship? We come in at 9.

Next question- it says we leave again at 6. What does that mean? Everyone needs to be coming back to the ship at that time or what time do we need to get back there to get in line to board? I have no idea how long it takes to get away one on.

Are you asking how long it takes to get everyone off in Nassau? If that's your question then everyone will not get off at the same time. Some will get off at 9, some at 12, and some won't get off at all. To your second question. If the boat is leaving Nassau at 6 then you are required to be back on board 30 minutes before departure.

There are always LINES of people trying to get back onboard the boat before departure. That last hour before sailing time is crazy. Each person has to scan their card and run everything through an xray machine. It does take time.

I recommend you plan to be in line an hour before sailing time. You don't want to be a pier runner!

Times for getting off the ship can vary. If you want to get off as quick as possible then I recommend heading down to the gangways ASAP. They only let you go down so far as they have some areas roped off but just letting you know to make it down as quick as you can upon arriving the port because the line to get off her ridiculously long. Now you can get off the ship before others if you have purchased an excursion for that port.

You will usually be asked to be back on the ship at least 30 minutes to an hour prior to sail off time. However, they do give people time to get back on. I've been on cruises where not everyone had aboard the ship by 6 and they start to call the people's names on the intercom. They do this several times. If they don't hear from you, they will leave you.

Thank you!

I understand a lot of people won't get off the ship, but since there are 1000s of people I didn't know if it would take an hour or two to get everyone off.

Same with getting back on. I didn't know if we needed to be back at the docks at like 4 if the ship leaves at 6.