Parking in Miami beach?

SondraC

We are debating about getting a rental vs doing taxis. We are staying in Miami Beach and wondered about parking at restaurants and such. We know we are going to Yardbird for a meal, and other places. We fly in next week and will be in MB for 3 nights. I keep going back and forth about getting a car...the fees are high since we are flying into FLL and want to return it Saturday morning near the port.

We are debating about getting a rental vs doing taxis. We are staying in Miami Beach and wondered about parking at restaurants and such. We know we are going to Yardbird for a meal, and other places. We fly in next week and will be in MB for 3 nights. I keep going back and forth about getting a car...the fees are high since we are flying into FLL and want to return it Saturday morning near the port.

While there are parking garages and metered parking lots all around South Beach, it is not only a pain to actually find parking (especially on the weekend), but it can add up to be expensive. Side streets are reserved for residential parking, primarily in the evening. Also, many hotels charge between $20 - $30 per night for parking.

Taxis in South Beach are plentiful, as well as bicycle rental stations, and I believe there may be a trolley that runs around South Beach.

Yardbird ... I have a hankering for their fried chicken!

Edited by brunello22

Where exactly are you staying in Miami Beach?

In South Beach you do not need a car. It can be very expensive to park there.

Mid Beach, you still can probably Uber around.

North Miami Beach you will need a car.

Take tri-rail from FLL to MIA for $3.75 per person if it is a weekday flight and $5 per person if it's weekend. Then rent your car from MIA airport.

Or without a car you can take tri-rail and switch over to Miami Metro rail that brings you downtown. Then a short taxi to your hotel and avoid a car rental all together.

http://www.tri-rail.com/

Edited by jb456

Take tri-rail from FLL to MIA for $3.75 per person if it is a weekday flight and $5 per person if it's weekend. Then rent your car from MIA airport.

Or without a car you can take tri-rail and switch over to Miami Metro rail that brings you downtown. Then a short taxi to your hotel and avoid a car rental all together.

http://www.tri-rail.com/

This would be a major PIA for Sondra. They aren't staying downtown they are staying out on the beach. This would involve a shuttle, transfer to train, transfer to metrorail, then transfer to cab and the cab will cost about $25 to get to South Beach.

Ok, that's what I thought. Transfers are a pain too from FLL to Miami beach. We're staying at Royal Palm South beach hotel.

Look into a shuttle from FLL to your hotel. I would think less than $20 per person but I would factor that into your airline ticket.

This would be a major PIA for Sondra. They aren't staying downtown they are staying out on the beach. This would involve a shuttle, transfer to train, transfer to metrorail, then transfer to cab and the cab will cost about $25 to get to South Beach.

I agree - only seen the hotel post on where they are staying after making my post. So tri-rail not best option in this case.

Edited by jb456