On board Elation!!! About to shove off

Had to share!!!! See ya new orleans!!

Have a great cruise and have a DOD for me! I was in NOLA last weekend and watched Elation shove off and make her way down the river from the 15th floor of Harrah's. Pretty sight indeed.

Have fun!

Edited by winddawn

We had a great time. The smoothest ride yet (we like a little boat movement). We boarded at 1 p.m. And had zero wait time (we were vip with a suite but the regular line had no wait as well).

I personally found the buffet food lacking (hard to find "something good") but the dining room was very good. (Surf + turf for 20.00 up charge)

We did the chef's table and HIGHLY recommend it. 7 courses and tour of the galley plus champagne and wine. The galley is immaculate, orgainzed and efficient : very well run.

DH and son did the behind the fun tour and recommend it too.

The service was excellent all around.

We did the twister boat in cozumel with a beach break at passion island, recommend this as well. (Carmival excursion)

Any elation questions?

We had a great time. The smoothest ride yet (we like a little boat movement). We boarded at 1 p.m. And had zero wait time (we were vip with a suite but the regular line had no wait as well).

I personally found the buffet food lacking (hard to find "something good") but the dining room was very good. (Surf + turf for 20.00 up charge)

We did the chef's table and HIGHLY recommend it. 7 courses and tour of the galley plus champagne and wine. The galley is immaculate, orgainzed and efficient : very well run.

DH and son did the behind the fun tour and recommend it too.

The service was excellent all around.

We did the twister boat in cozumel with a beach break at passion island, recommend this as well. (Carmival excursion)

Any elation questions?

I'm so glad to hear you had a good time! It sounds like you made the most of your cruise. I've cruised Elation a couple times the past year and I agree it is a great ship in spite of her age. I thought the staff was phenomenal. Would love to hear more about your Chef's table experience. Welcome home and back to reality!